The Moneypit just got deeper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiserdan

SupportingVendor Emeritus
Threads
Land Cruiser Heritage Museum broom closet
Caught the wife in a weak moment.....

Look what I got.......... :flipoff2:

Christo whined about me cutting a hole in his work of art for my Borla tip so I had to get a pipe bender friend of mine to make a new tail pipe.. ;)

A view from the other side.

Now to finish my in-frame receiver hitch.......... ;)

Been waitin for these ! :beer: :beer: :beer: Nice Job Dan ! Right down to the Beo-isk orange thingies :p

BTW .. who's your dog in love with over there ? And why does your bathtub need a class 4 hitch ?? :D

Tyler

I likes. That is too bad you had to ditch your exhaust tip. It looks better now anyways though. Nobody will ever notice.

Since I spent all of my money on school this year...
...how do I convince my parents that a new Slee rear on my truck would be beneficial?

It's off to find my thinking cap. :D

T-

The neighbor has Afgans......

The hitch is a class 3 actually :rolleyes: As that is a cast iron tub, a class 3 is required ;)

The "earrings" are 17 thousand pound shackles. I have a pair on the front as well.

Soon I will have my off-shore lefthand off-set license plate bracket and lamp in hand and I'll move the plate back to the tailgate.

(Thanks to Asiamike for assistance in determining part numbers) :cheers:

Rogue,
Not sure exactly how to sell that one. Hell, I haven't even figured out how I managed to do it yet....... :-\

D-

nice plate. :flipoff2:

Rogue, just lock up the brakes some day when someone's tailgating you. Gee, didn't you see that dog run out? :doh: :slap: :flipoff2: :D :D

My 80 rear bar many years ago which was similar to Christo's, and I made a bolt on hitch which went on the back and didnt hang below the chassis.

Have some pics somehwere will dig them out.

[quote author=Rogue link=board=2;threadid=8505;start=msg72373#msg72373 date=1070771191]
...how do I convince my parents that a new Slee rear on my truck would be beneficial?
[/quote]

Rogue... The parents would like to have you around in the event that you were rear ended by some hapless mouth breather in traffic wouldn't they?? ALWAYS play the safety card!! Much stronger, and better GAS tank protection with the Slee rear bumper. ;)

Nice goin' C-Dan!

Nice bumper - looks locomotive class. What are you trying to do with a hitch again? "In frame?"....

DougM

Dan I don't know what you are doing with your hitch. On my 60 I cut the rear crossmember and flipped a Class 4 receiver hitch into place. It bolted right up in the bolt holes from the factory. I had to cut a square hole in the bumper and then we tubed the hole so nothing would get into the bumper. It was used as an air tank.

60 hitch

(Thanks to Asiamike for assistance in determining part numbers)

Anytime Dan !!!

Mike

let us know how much those left hand license plate pieces cost/how hard to get.
that should work for anybody with a right hand rear tire carrier..

doug

This is the best pic I could find of the rear step we made, it has apin like a normal hitch, but it works vertical instead of horizontal. It uses the 4 holes in the chassis and the nuts were cut off the chassis and a plate added behind to spread the load, and allow bigger bolts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom