Builds The Masochist Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great thread since 2013! I am curious how you will like driving it with your new H55f. Look forward to hearing your opinion after it is installed.

Right on, great to see this one again.

The dog looks very suspicious of the old 4-speed.

Ya. She’s a German Shepherd. Smart, and can sense sketchiness a mile away.

...or it could be she’s just pouting because I won’t throw the stupid ball for like the 5 millionth time.

Last edited:

Bad times...

image.jpg
BC6B6EA6-E3EE-4F37-BB58-8D9BE86A1E68.jpeg

...at least I removed the core support crossbar, condensor, grill this time @FJ40Jim 😉

Great pics + great lookin rig!!!

Finally had time to get back at it… Crank repair $150. Not pretty to look at but should do the trick.

1D39E075-72BC-426B-A973-FD75A409B521.jpeg

Last edited:
Here I go again…

FCE72860-32AB-4E56-B430-80E341A0C20E.jpeg

What had to happen to have that crank repaired? Mine broke at some point before I bought the truck and it looks like someone tack welded the key in place and filled the rest of the blown out crank with epoxy putty. That repair is gorgeous compared to mine...
7560AC04-5E63-4BB3-9D12-A3F717C2E8C2.jpeg

What had to happen to have that crank repaired? Mine broke at some point before I bought the truck and it looks like someone tack welded the key in place and filled the rest of the blown out crank with epoxy putty. That repair is gorgeous compared to mine...

Good question. I actually never talked to anyone at the company who did the work. I took the crank to Jensen's in Ogden who I have trusted for years, (and for good reason, they do stellar machine work), and they said there's a place in Salt Lake City they can send the crank to who they trust, (I can't recall the name of the place, but I can find out if anyone wants to know). So I don't know the specifics, but I was told the gouge was cut out, the entire nose was machined down, material was added that also filled some of the keyhole, then they machined it down to fit the new harmonic balancer perfectly. Jensen's had to cut out the key groove which they weren't stoked about because its such an odd shape.

If the repair holds 🤞🏽 fixing the crank was the move for me because $150's pretty cheap, and like I said, when I tore it all down the crank journals and bearings all looked practically new so fixing the crank saved me the cost and worry of fitting new bearings to a new crank. If someone needs new bearings and all the machine work, a different crank is maybe the better move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom