Builds The Masochist Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

image-3051926815.jpg
Have the kids hit the piñata and see how many parts fall off

Lol! All kinds of rusty greasy ****. No candy!

Last edited:
Most stuff you are going to have to do some searching around for...

Thanks for walking me through this Greg. Appreciate your insight.

The more I get into this the more aptly named I think this thread is lol!

image-4080321443.jpg

image-151102785.jpg
image-1431622313.jpg
Slow going. But making progress...

Last edited:
That's slow? Been what a couple weeks since you bought it and you have it pretty much put back together?! Looking great dude.

That's a clean looking motor! Full rebuild or just cleaned up?

image.jpg
That's a clean looking motor! Full rebuild or just cleaned up?

Full rebuild: head overhauled including new seats and resurfaced, block resurfaced, bored (.05), honed, new pistons, reconditioned rods, new rings, bearings, new camshaft and bearings, new lifters, crankshaft grind, main bearings, resurfaced flywheel...

Local shop that I trust and have done business with for years did the machining. I brought it home in pieces and assembled it. Quite the investment in time and money. Hoping I have a strong reliable truck when I'm done.

Appreciate the encouragement and positive feedback. Especially appreciate Spike's PDF files!

Last edited:
I thought you would be only using a hammer...

Full rebuild: head overhauled including new seats and resurfaced, block resurfaced, bored (.05), honed, new pistons, reconditioned rods, new rings, bearings, new camshaft and bearings, new lifters, crankshaft grind, main bearings, resurfaced flywheel... Local shop that I trust and have done business with for years did the machining. I brought it home in pieces and assembled it. Quite the investment in time and money. Hoping I have a strong reliable truck when I'm done. Appreciate the encouragement and positive feedback. Especially appreciate Spike's PDF files!

:cool: Looking forward to seeing how she runs!

photo 1 (1).jpg
I thought I would take advantage of the space and scrub 25 years of grime out of the engine compartment. My wife came around the corner and thought this was REALLY funny.
...............................................................................................................................

Last edited:
image.jpg

Last edited:
Fan shroud split mod as recommended. I always knew the spoiler off my 80 would come in handy for something...

Last edited:
image.jpg

Last edited:
image.jpg

Last edited:
Father-in-law lending a hand...

image.jpg

Last edited:
image.jpg

Last edited:
Shawn, received your email through 'mud, but the mud-linked return address is bad. Update your mud profile w/ a current email and ping me again.

PS. You are a masochist. Pulling and installing the engine without removing core support crossbar, condensor, grill? Hardcore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom