Builds The Mall Crusher (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just received these today from Norwalk Toyota.

My 200 has 175k with original struts and shocks. Just noticed a slight seepage on one of the rear shocks, so I decided to replace both shocks and struts with OEM.

This will be my wife’s daily driver for another few years. I will make it my daily driver after that and make some mods to the suspension.

View attachment 1743538
I have 2013 LC suspension that has 30,000 mall crawling miles. They are yours for free + shipping.

I have 2013 LC suspension that has 30,000 mall crawling miles. They are yours for free + shipping.
SQRRRL-thanks so much for the offer. Wish I had talked to you before I ordered these shocks and struts. By the time I paid to ship these back and paid shipping for yours, it would probably be best to just stick with what I got. Thanks again for the kind offer. Much appreciated!

Haven’t gotten to the shocks and struts yet. Glad that I didn’t. Just discovered on another Mud posting the availability of OEM spacers for the Front.

My 2010 sits a bit low in the front compared to some of the newer 200 series. This should help level out the overall stance on my rig.

Will be sure to measure before and after. Will let everyone know how it turns out.

BDE7D875-B1B5-4A08-8AA2-0B283759DDD4.jpeg

With 177k miles and my 200 being the family daily driver, I am going to replace the starter and alternator as PM.

Ordered a new OEM starter from Norwalk Toyota.

The new OEM alternator was over $600, so I went with a rebuilt Denso alternator for half the price. Advance Auto Parts carries the Reman Denso with a 1 year warranty.

22CCAAF5-CAF6-4FF4-801A-7AC12C1346A8.jpeg

81F1A643-6E16-4254-A8C6-F55E01404B7E.jpeg

Last edited:
I had three, two deson and lastly a $$ oem toyota alternators put into my truck two months ago. Each one made my head lights flicker, pulse, when my car was stopped but in drive. When in park it was fine. Still does it. Traced everything to no avail. I run opt7 leds with the drivers. Switch out with newer version opt7 leds and still same disco strobe.
Be interested to see if you experience any of the same. Smart maintenance on your part.

Last edited:
I had three, two deson and lastly a $$ oem toyota alternators put into my truck two months ago. Each one made my head lights flicker, pulse, when my car was stopped but in drive. When in park it was fine. Still does it. Traced everything to no avail. I run opt7 leds with the drivers. Switch out with newer version opt7 leds and still same disco stobe.
Be interested to see if you experience any of the same. Smart maintenance on your part.
Ugh. Sorry you are still troubleshooting those gremlins with your headlights flickering. Will let you know how mine turns out. I am still running factory bulbs in my 2010. Hopefully will get to swapping out in the next few weeks.

Got new 2 OEM struts with OEM Spacers and 2 OEM shocks replaced today. The front passenger side had a pretty bad lean to it. Did a little research on MUD to fix this common issue. Opened up the KDSS valves a couple turns, lifted/ lowered the front 2x, closed the valves, and no more lean. Took a tape measure to it just to be sure and it had perfect symmetry.

The best part is the OEM spacers gave my front end a complete 1" lift in the front. No more saggy front end. The stance is looking awesome on my 2010! Will post pics soon.

849C8077-C738-46C2-B288-BBEDC47BDB0A.jpeg

9A6CDD70-0A7E-426C-BCC4-ABC2B8F6697B.jpeg

Put my first 5k on The Mall Crusher since picking her up in March 2018. Time for another oil change.

Going again with Mobil 1 Synthetic Oil and TRD Oil Filter. Going to lube the drive shaft zerks with Valvoline Syn Moly and put some grease on my KDSS Valves. BG 44k fuel treatment as part of every oil change.

Going to clean out my sunroof tracks, sunroof drains, and lube. Will start doing this with my routine oil changes.

Lastly I got a oil sample kit from Blackstone Labs. Going to get an analysis done with engine oil. Stay tuned and I will post results.

She now has 177,500 miles and drives like a dream. All my PM Schedule is up to date. Looking forward to many, many more years and miles.

869FBF9C-0B7A-4E0F-A6F4-16B6B0D39A0A.jpeg

Thanks for sharing all the steps you're taking to baseline your 2010 LC. I just bought a black 09 with similar miles (167k), and I appreciate your sharing all the detailed steps you've taken.

How's your black paint? I live in the DC area, but my LC grew up in the CA desert. While that's awesome overall (no rust anywhere except the housing around the KDSS valves), there are some spots that appear sun damaged. I'm wondering if those areas can be fixed with a professional detail or if I'll need to repaint. The plastic pieces are the worst. I'm certain some of those will need painted.

Thanks for sharing all the steps you're taking to baseline your 2010 LC. I just bought a black 09 with similar miles (167k), and I appreciate your sharing all the detailed steps you've taken.

How's your black paint? I live in the DC area, but my LC grew up in the CA desert. While that's awesome overall (no rust anywhere except the housing around the KDSS valves), there are some spots that appear sun damaged. I'm wondering if those areas can be fixed with a professional detail or if I'll need to repaint. The plastic pieces are the worst. I'm certain some of those will need painted.
Find a really good detail shop in your area. They can compound and polish your paint to get it looking really good again. As for the painted plastics, you can try lightly polishing only. Compounds will ruin the plastics. As for the rust around the KDSS Valves, get some rust remover and a small wire brush to scrub. Then try opening just a 1/4 turn to loosen and re-tighten. Throw some grease around them and they will be good to go. Best to apply a little grease their with each oil change or at least once a year.

Main issues popping up in the early 200 series (at least from my research her on Mud) is radiator, water pump, and starter. Got my PM List ideas from many other great 200 owners on this forum. This is a great site!

First oil analysis ready to go to Blackstone!

9E288D19-6903-44E9-8AF6-23B664BF0736.jpeg

Put 1st 5k on the Mall Crusher and sent oil analysis off to Blackstone Labs. Got a great report back today.

When I filled out the paperwork I thought it asked how much oil did you put in when you changed the oil, so I put down 7.9 quarts. However I think that line actually asked if I added any oil between changes. Didn’t add any oil between changes and certainly didn’t add 7.9 quarts. Should have just put no or left it blank. Was my first time doing a Blackstone report. :)

177k and going strong! Think I will do this on an annual basis.

9880BC5F-3AD7-4691-A758-5E87A9E4D6C1.jpeg

306A69A8-42EA-4493-9684-8A3228046865.jpeg

Decided on OEM wiper blades after many helpful posts on this website. My rear wiper was OEM so I was able to replace just the rubber blade insert. However my front blades had been replaced by the previous owner with the Toyota Sight Line wipers. Ordered 2 new OEM wipers from Norwalk Toyota online. Next time I need to replace wipers I can replace the rubber blades in these OEM wipers for about 7-8 bucks a piece. Looking forward to seeing how they work in the rain.

D4EE9E9B-5B2B-4321-A2BE-EA1377064778.jpeg

9173C24D-8F84-41ED-B567-D2DE591FD680.jpeg

Decided on OEM wiper blades after many helpful posts on this website. My rear wiper was OEM so I was able to replace just the rubber blade insert. However my front blades had been replaced by the previous owner with the Toyota Sight Line wipers. Ordered 2 new OEM wipers from Norwalk Toyota online. Next time I need to replace wipers I can replace the rubber blades in these OEM wipers for about 7-8 bucks a piece. Looking forward to seeing how they work in the rain.

View attachment 1807965

View attachment 1807966

I did the exact same thing! 1000% improvement!

Got a new set of tires for my 2010. Went with a set of Falken Wildpeak 3ATW’s. Very impressed with how quiet they are for an AT tire with pretty aggressive treads. These tires are a significant savings over the Nitto Grapplers or KO2’s. Not as durable offroad, but this 200 is my wife’s daily driver for now. That is why I went with this tire.

I went with a 275/65/18. It is about 1/2 inch taller and a bit narrower (about 1/2 inch) than the stock tire 285/60/18.

View attachment 1691765
Great thread!
How do you like these tires in regular street driving? - I'm thinking of swapping my OEM Dunlop 285/60/18s (2017 LC) as we tow a boat quite a bit and frequently use pretty sketchy ramps, but 99% of my driving is highway/pavement. Really like what those look like and the reviews are pretty much all great. Is there a noticeable (big) difference in noise with those in highway driving as compared to regular street tires?

--

Great thread!
How do you like these tires in regular street driving? - I'm thinking of swapping my OEM Dunlop 285/60/18s (2017 LC) as we tow a boat quite a bit and frequently use pretty sketchy ramps, but 99% of my driving is highway/pavement. Really like what those look like and the reviews are pretty much all great. Is there a noticeable (big) difference in noise with those in highway driving as compared to regular street tires?

--
Very pleased with these tires. Super quiet on highway. Would highly recommend. Great tire for the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom