The Knitting Circle (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m pretty sure that is the one that’s been for sale off and on for about 5 years now. I went and looked at it about 3 years ago and passed. It had a blown HG, that was obvious and as you describe the sunroof was left open for a year of sitting even then. He had loaned it to a friend and his friend pretty much just let it rot, once he got it back, he had it in this condition, and I believe wanted around $1500 for it, but as it sat, I am not sure I would have paid $500 for it. The interior had zero to salvage.
If he lived near Lake Jordan, if this is the one, then I hope you truly stole it.
@Godwin and I passed on it a few years ago.

@Land Speeder It sounds like it may be a different one, apparently this one belonged to the guy's wife most of it's life (father in law bought it for her brand new). Then he daily drove it until 2013 or so and used it as a hunting vehicle and occasional driving for a couple years, then just let it sit. This guy lived in the suburbs of Montgomery, really nice neighborhood close to the Montgomery Country Club (Allendale area?). The guy was probably early 40's/fraternity type..I believe he mentioned working for a bank. The interior isn't trashed completely, driver front carpet was soaked, front seats hubbed out, but the 2nd and 3rd row seats don't look like they've been sat in.

keep it, sell me the ford to pay for the repairs.

@justbecause haha I hear ya! If i'm upside down on any of my rigs, it's the Ferd. Too many smiles per gallon to cut that one loose

I’m pretty sure that is the one that’s been for sale off and on for about 5 years now. I went and looked at it about 3 years ago and passed. It had a blown HG, that was obvious and as you describe the sunroof was left open for a year of sitting even then. He had loaned it to a friend and his friend pretty much just let it rot, once he got it back, he had it in this condition, and I believe wanted around $1500 for it, but as it sat, I am not sure I would have paid $500 for it. The interior had zero to salvage.
If he lived near Lake Jordan, if this is the one, then I hope you truly stole it.
@Godwin and I passed on it a few years ago.

The only one I remember that we talked about was a ragged out 3FE'd one in Birmingham.

The only one I remember that we talked about was a ragged out 3FE'd one in Birmingham.

You turned me onto a cheap 96 near Lake Jordan one year... I passed and you never even went to see it in person. It was not good.

I finally got the LX up and running over the weekend, narrowed it down to a toasted fuel pump. Words can't describe how nasty that fuel smelled as soon as I pulled the sending unit. In case anyone needs a visual of how much havoc ethanol gas can cause, here is a little before and after. The strainer crumbled to pieces as soon as I touched it.
IMG_6652.JPG
IMG_6655.JPG

I finally got the LX up and running over the weekend, narrowed it down to a toasted fuel pump. Words can't describe how nasty that fuel smelled as soon as I pulled the sending unit. In case anyone needs a visual of how much havoc ethanol gas can cause, here is a little before and after. The strainer crumbled to pieces as soon as I touched it.

Sweet! So... how’s it drive?!
Plans???

Met a great resource for glass work this past Friday.

Tim Born
(706) 233-8307

He owns the Glass Doctor franchises in Rome, Ga and Chattanooga, Tn.
He's a wealth of experience and a really nice guy. I brought my 96 80 to his shop first thing Friday morning to have the rear glass installed after I had it out. I arrived with the new gasket and original glass. He used 2 different, correct sealers for the metal to gasket and glass to gasket interfaces, was happy to explain it all while he worked and cleaned everything. Excellent work.

Sweet! So... how’s it drive?!
Plans???

I only drove it about 5 miles or so, didn't go much past 50mph. The steering needs some attention, but thats to be expected. Overall the engine ran very smooth with good power and the trans shifted well in both high and low range. First on the list is addressing the leaky sunroof, then stripping the carpet and headliner for a deep clean. As much as I hate to say it, after that point I'll have to decide between flipping it or selling Mulligan so I can build it up.

As much as I hate to say it, after that point I'll have to decide between flipping it or selling Mulligan so I can build it up.

Oh lort! I’ve literally been lamenting over not having that thing lately... lemme know if you decide to go down that road. I’m a sucker for that rig...

Oh lort! I’ve literally been lamenting over not having that thing lately... lemme know if you decide to go down that road. I’m a sucker for that rig...

Lol! Well you will most certainly have first crack at it!

Dragged another home.

One family owner.
Mountain of receipts from dealership since new $$$$

These trucks are wolves in sheeps clothing: SFA, HP 8” front, e lockers, 9.5” rear, coil springs AND POWER SEATS Incredible build sheet.

Just need a set of little mud tires and roll out.

475F88C7-EC01-42D2-8EBC-5CC675B2EFAE.jpeg

Does anyone in Bham have a 220v welder I could borrow by chance?

I have a few friends that have them at their house and will weld for you. Don’t know anyone who would loan a 220 out though. Hauling gas tanks and all would suck.

I have a few friends that have them at their house and will weld for you. Don’t know anyone who would loan a 220 out though. Hauling gas tanks and all would suck.
Brent was nice enough to offer up his I could borrow. I’m still waiting on some parts from Ruff Stuff for my SOA on the 40. I mainly need it to weld up spring and shackle perches.

Would love to have a wrenching party at my house when the time comes to get some more eyes on what I’m doing and help me double check my measurements.

Brent was nice enough to offer up his I could borrow. I’m still waiting on some parts from Ruff Stuff for my SOA on the 40. I mainly need it to weld up spring and shackle perches.

Would love to have a wrenching party at my house when the time comes to get some more eyes on what I’m doing and help me double check my measurements.

Welder actually belongs to another friend now as I sold off everything saying I was done with all of this 5 or 6 years ago!!

I did a SOA on a scout and had to cut and turn the knuckles. Hope that isn’t necessary on your 40. I do own a portaband that makes knuckle cutting much easier if you have to go that route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom