The Knitting Circle (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@bamabrock I recently replaced my rear springs with new OEM Lexus springs and added 30mm spacers to try to get pressures back in spec. Also changed out fluid. No armor, but loaded drawers. It was riding great right after fluid change and with no drawers and pressures in spec, but I was only getting about 9 graduations. With the loaded drawers, the ride is stiff again. I may work with it this weekend with the loaded drawers in to see if I can get pressures back in spec. Will be curious to see the impact of your King Springs - thought about going that route but was afraid it would be overkill with no armor.

If I can make it on the 17th I'll bring tech stream. If you get back to town and want to swing by and get this old XP laptop, I don't mind.
The king springs are supposed to bring the rear MPa level down by 3. I've needed them for a while because my 100 wouldn't go into high mode out at HIH last year a few times even after I disconnected the trailer

No problem; bring it if you come. I think the battery died in my netbook, but it works plugged in. We need a DLC wrenching day again soon and get everyone's AHC specs all dialed in at once. I still have to swap out the clicking front axle on mine too.

Good thing I opened the hood when I got to the farm today.

IMG_20190111_170856000.jpg

How was your MLK Holiday?
@Bama4door and I both had the day off so we took advantage of the BEAUTIFUL heatwave and headed east to BOTH parks over yonder: Morris Mountain first and then Choccolocco. Cole rode shotgun in the buggy. We really just wanted to booze-cruise them so Cole could see them and get a feel of these two parks for potential future rides and campouts. I personally feel BOTH parks are great parks. and could serve well for our club.

A picture of BoatRamp at Choccolocco today...

49822965_10157033229387421_6883176655141994496_n.jpg

How was your MLK Holiday?
@Bama4door and I both had the day off so we took advantage of the BEAUTIFUL heatwave and headed east to BOTH parks over yonder: Morris Mountain first and then Choccolocco. Cole rode shotgun in the buggy. We really just wanted to booze-cruise them so Cole could see them and get a feel of these two parks for potential future rides and campouts. I personally feel BOTH parks are great parks. and could serve well for our club.

A picture of BoatRamp at Choccolocco today...
What a nice day and the heatwave in the buggy was nice too! Both parks were great and have a lot to offer. We were the only ones there too, which was really cool. We will definitely be planning some rides here in the future (after it warms back up). Thanks again @Land Speeder for letting me ride shotgun :cool:

Last edited:
@msrebecky

I would say ask around here about your random missfire issue, some guys in bham really know their way around an 80. I asked about fuel in the correct location, pressure, and amount thinking your injectors are probably ready for service. There are several o rings that could be letting fuel escape, and I think that makes sense that the seal is ok when the metal is cold and then opens up causing an issue when it gets hot.

The stars aligned and my buddy in Memphis was able to jump on this 40th for me Friday first thing. It was posted Thursday afternoon and he beat another buyer that was coming an hour later. Guy wanted my number to pay me more for it!
Picking it up tomorrow!
163k, 2nd owner.

40A16019-CD28-4217-B33F-9052922F0792.jpeg

5FDADEA8-2D99-4358-B4F2-6129107DF089.jpeg

232D585B-DD8F-490D-AEB8-DCF13BB8CF3B.jpeg

BFE13B2A-6562-4256-9D3D-5ABCE3D877D0.jpeg

The stars aligned and my buddy in Memphis was able to jump on this 40th for me Friday first thing. It was posted Thursday afternoon and he beat another buyer that was coming an hour later. Guy wanted my number to pay me more for it!
Picking it up tomorrow!
163k, 2nd owner.

View attachment 1913239

View attachment 1913240

View attachment 1913241

View attachment 1913242

Original PHH hoses and clamps I see.
I'll buy the white one. Or this one. Just to help you out.

Holy D light Batman!!

This is by far the nicest platform I’ve had to start with. AC, antenna, locks, windows, seats, climate control, CD player, no shaky mirrors, EVERYTHING works. Craziness.

Picked up all new leather for the seats today too! Just happened to be posted the same day and in the same city.

D180138E-FCFF-46A2-84FB-ED98772F5562.jpeg

2E7713F5-ECE0-4C72-92A6-8690C5BB0F93.jpeg

EB78262A-ADBA-4104-B2BB-62321F36C88C.jpeg

D0F30CEF-7784-4A2E-9223-7133213AB47D.jpeg

368BE54B-65C8-49E2-BF95-25053B459587.jpeg

@TachedOutOffRoad so how many 80s do you have now?? Is this your 4th? I know you have the white one, and you bought a black LX and a green 80 from TX. You starting a collection?

-first maroon one bought stock, sold lifted and 35”s to another Army guy.
-Mulligan sold to Michael up the street @MLAFZJ8093
-Still have white one with new engine, now on 37”s.
-Green LX sold to a buddy who slobbered all over it and loved it. I tried to buy it back last week and he said no.
-Green 94 from TX was not as advertised, pissed me off, and sold it what all the correct info to a guy who fixed, lifted, bumpered it and loves it. In Auburn now.
-this one today. Plan to “keep it” and commute. It’s the nicest so far. I’d rather drive an 80 more than anything else. Just suck it up and pay the pump.

I could sell it and white one and actually buy one nice vehicle...!?!? Nooooo

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom