Builds The Guzzler - 2009 LX570 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Please do! I like the OzCharge design with the larger clamp, larger capacity leads that are permanently attached. The alternative uses the smaller leads common on the LION jumpstarters. It'll probably work fine, but not preferred.

The initial warranty experience was as positive as one can expect from a warranty exchange.

It seems like shielding the low amp charge circuit from the high amp jump circuit would be job one. A shame OzCharge failed at that.
I get the benefit of the capacitor based jump starter, but maybe solving a problem that doesn’t really exist. I had to use my Gooloo lithium jumpstarter a couple weeks ago. I accidentally left my under hood LEDs on and they eventually killed my battery. I hadn’t charged the Gooloo in at least a year and the capacity said it was at 65% charge. It still had no trouble starting the LX.

I get the benefit of the capacitor based jump starter, but maybe solving a problem that doesn’t really exist. I had to use my Gooloo lithium jumpstarter a couple weeks ago. I accidentally left my under hood LEDs on and they eventually killed my battery. I hadn’t charged the Gooloo in at least a year and the capacity said it was at 65% charge. It still had no trouble starting the LX.
Sure. I know there are other options. And the LION alternatives do better and better with self-discharge over the newer generations. I have an older LION jumper in my van, but it's reliably flat. I remember to charge it every six months or so, and it'll go dead before I think about it again. I don't like having to think about things like charging the jumper when I'm loading up for a weekend, and it's usually too late then anyway if it is flat.

I certainly didn't expect repeated circuit failure on the capacitor product, seems like it would be easy to remedy at design time. Which is why I'm trying an alternate version. It's pure magic to watch though when it works - charging off the dead battery and then jumping it.

Black Friday got the truck a set of new bump stops from Perry Parts.

Came in today and look pretty good. Additive manufactured, lifetime warrantied. Allows for a really cool design.

These are the 34/35” size.

Front is 2 3/4 tall, rear is 4 3/4” tall to the biggest point of the curved end.

B220765C-F317-475C-AEDD-DA8A28EDB2F3.jpeg

Headed up to the snow on Sunday.
Chains - check
Rear locker - check
Center diff lock - flashing ! Darn it.

It isn’t resetting with turn off / turn on cycle of rig. Also running the case warm and still didn’t cycle.

Still flashing after four restarts. Any good ideas?

Chains - check
Rear locker - check

It isn’t resetting with turn off / turn on cycle of rig. Also running the case warm and still didn’t cycle.

If all else fails pulling the neg battery cable ususally works.

Chains - check
Rear locker - check

Did you try reverse?

Did you try reverse?
Yes
Also tried 4lo, not surprisingly that didn’t even try work with the tranny code already on the stack.
If all else fails pulling the neg battery cable ususally works.
Good thought. I’ll give my quick disconnect a spin in the morning.

Disconnecting the battery FTW. Left it off 15 min.
Center did lock on the next try with a warmed up driveline, but not immediately. Error on unlock predictably. Cycled it a few more times, it wasn’t reliable locking until about 5 cycles in.
4Lo won’t engage either, it’s been since August since I used it. Far too long. Kids activities have been relentless.
Fooled around with 4 Lo they a couple power cycles and some low speed figure 8s, will need to work on it some more.

I suppose it’s time I fix the tranny breather before I’m stuck rebuilding the actuators.

Got 4L to work on a fully warm transfer tonight. Had to shift it in and out a few times, with restarts in 4L, finally with much beeping it went into 4L. Excellent.
Now just daily exercise of both the diff and 4l for 10 days, and putting on the breather kit I just received, and hopefully this will be a thing of the past.

4 lo has engaged 5 times in a row no errors. I think it’s good.
Ground dry so not switching the center diff, precip in the forecast will be working it this weekend.

This is as an interesting read.

Going to try this little $30 fairing first.
Kids had fun with the sticker collection.

9838AAA7-7124-4551-BFAE-6C30014CE686.jpeg

87449A39-F920-4FF5-BF51-F7FD5F255CB6.jpeg

It’s wet from mid November to mid February. More in the last couple years due to a weird persistence of the La Niña.
It’s not thunderstorm wet. Just a little bit of rain wet.
You can plan on a little bit of rain every day.
It’s really not that big a deal. Most don’t even bother with umbrellas.
It gets colder in Dec and Jan. It’s 36 today. We had snow, rain, and sun today . It was mid 40s this week.
Right now with the solstice coming it’s also dark quite a bit. Only 7 or 8 hours of daylight.
On the flip side, it’s beautiful from May thru mid-September. Just epic almost every day.
I live here to be near the ocean and mountains, and like the 3+ seasons you get in metro Seattle.
One thing about Washington residents, they get out and about and go on with their life I all weathers. Also it’s a remarkably laid back culture. Very c’est la vie.

Center diff exercise report, car cold, last driven 6 hours ago.
First try, nope, threw the flashing error.
Stop turn off, went a block, and it worked.
Flashy on disengage.
Stop, turn on. Drive a block, and engage slowly but no error.
Also disengaged with no error.
One more cycle also fine no issues.

By the end the coolant temp was up, so I assume center diff had some heat in it as well.

I think a couple more days of exercise and it’ll be solid again.

So, to both you and @tbisaacs, we've been eyeing a move to WA, but still have never visited.
Is it really that wet? Really? Yalls photos are always wet. Always. Specially you grinchy.
I can handle seasons but idk man.

It’s 4 distinct seasons for sure and we love it. And lots and lots of public land. Come for a visit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom