The Great ONSC Gun Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is anyone here a member of DPRC? I just got my invite to join and wanted to see if anyone had any gripes about it before I enroll.
I was a member there for 5-6 years but rarely went and resigned a couple years ago. It's a nice facility and seemed well run just a bit too far of a drive.

If it's anything like when I joined, you have to attend the new members meeting, stand up, talk about yourself and then step out of the room for them to 'vote' on you becoming a member. They also are very strict on maintaining and providing proof of your NRA membership...again not a big deal just something to be aware of.

Current member. Great facility. Great on the random weekdays I have been able to make it and have one bay to myself and do some stuff other than typical "flat range" shooting. Weekends/holidays are VERY busy. Some great members there, some fudds, but almost always very approachable with questions, etc. I have not seen any of the bullsh*t that can happen at indoor ranges in the triad at DPRC. They have 2 gun (rimfire) matches once a month if you're into that.

Orientation day is no longer a vote IIRC. I had to attend a long Saturday intro class they held, took picture, verified NRA status. The NRA membership is due to their insurance coverage. IMHO the NRA does not further 2A causes vs FPC, GOA, etc, but I'll leave it to what you think is right for you.

If you want to go and our schedules line up, I can guest you in...I think after a brief check in.

Current member. Great facility. Great on the random weekdays I have been able to make it and have one bay to myself and do some stuff other than typical "flat range" shooting. Weekends/holidays are VERY busy. Some great members there, some fudds, but almost always very approachable with questions, etc. I have not seen any of the bullsh*t that can happen at indoor ranges in the triad at DPRC. They have 2 gun (rimfire) matches once a month if you're into that.

Orientation day is no longer a vote IIRC. I had to attend a long Saturday intro class they held, took picture, verified NRA status. The NRA membership is due to their insurance coverage. IMHO the NRA does not further 2A causes vs FPC, GOA, etc, but I'll leave it to what you think is right for you.

If you want to go and our schedules line up, I can guest you in...I think after a brief check in.

Thanks! I sent a request to be a part of the April orientation so we’ll see if I make it into that one or get postponed until October which is the next orientation. First come first serve for sign ups.

Yup. I'm an interloper however. :)

I've got a couple revolvers and one 3rd gen semi-auto. I'd like to complete the 3rd gen collection but they are stupid expensive. Hard to justify $1,500 to just sit in the safe though...

I'd like to sell at least one of the following. Both are new and never fired:

H&K SP5L - Registered as a Rifle with the stock.
H&K SP5K-PDW - Pistol with "things attached"

Both have all accessories and some additional (sometimes hard to find) parts.

If you have interest, I can send you pics and details.

Also considering selling a PWS 300 BLK (piston driven) in full length config. Also never fired. Currently has the 300 BLK dual reticle 4x ACOG on it that could also be purchased.

PM me for more info.

Not sure if I have posted these before. I looked back a few pages. Anyway, according to a person we know, they do not appear to have been used.
357 mag and 44mag
IMG_7608.png

^^ wow!

Walkin through target to the pharmacy today and saw a guy in his low 20s at the oldest, wearin a black tshirt, jeans and open carrying a small single stack on an outside holster. His ladyfriend was walkin on his left hand side. I was about 25 ft behind them, listening to people absolutely losing their minds.

Not up to speed on any law changes, but are we now fully open carry these days , or was this idiot just goin full simple jack???

Walkin through target to the pharmacy today and saw a guy in his low 20s at the oldest, wearin a black tshirt, jeans and open carrying a small single stack on an outside holster. His ladyfriend was walkin on his left hand side. I was about 25 ft behind them, listening to people absolutely losing their minds.

Not up to speed on any law changes, but are we now fully open carry these days , or was this idiot just goin full simple jack???

Well over half the states in the Union allow open carry, most people just don’t know about it and hardly ever see it. NC was open carry when I first got there 20+ yrs ago.

Perhaps the kid is waiting for his concealed paperwork to process. It would be sad to get caught, carrying, concealed without permission, and to lose your right to carry all together.

Perhaps the kid is waiting for his concealed paperwork to process. It would be sad to get caught, carrying, concealed without permission, and to lose your right to carry all together.
Dont get me wrong. I am absolutely certain he wasnt the only person carrying in that store. The other person, or people, just werent advertising. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom