The Goat Tail - 1970 shorty trailer build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Why did you do your frame the way you did vs not box the factory frame like this guy? Not criticizing, just wanting to learn.
5E3720CE-F264-4BB1-B9F6-87E4E1389F45.jpeg

Why did you do your frame the way you did vs not box the factory frame like this guy? Not criticizing, just wanting to learn.
View attachment 1853184

Because the way I did it was easier. That guy is a serious fabricator. We laid mine out and made it in about 6 hours.

Because the way I did it was easier. That guy is a serious fabricator. We laid mine out and made it in about 6 hours.

Understood. Yours looks great and the preservation you take is serious dedication!

Probably a dumb question but out of curiosity, why didn't you just flat panel at the front end?

The way you cut the front of the body would lend itself to a nice and easy flat panel there. You have what appears to be a 2" bump:
94b1aa8c-3baa-4315-ae61-9ca9f7e06688-jpeg.1779174

I wanted the gap there to clean out leaves and junk. Didn’t want a trap. Also it added strength to the flat panel.

Poor trailer is always having to cough up its tires for a 40 project but this time I may have found it the perfect set.

Only 3 good 10 year old KM2s I made on a trade. The other two are hammered so I won’t be tempted to use these on a project truck.

Looks proper now

92FFD5BA-ACB5-4523-B6CD-7C77755AB2C3.jpeg

Anybody want this thing? Great little traioet but I never use it. $1500

could the tub go back onto a 40 that needed a 1/2 tub? Looks like it's cut pretty clean at the seams and no real rust?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom