The Full_M3tal Build Up (86 4RNR) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.cardomain.com
So I Am Finally Am Getting A Toyota, After Talking About It For Months. It Will Be Purchased Saturday (3/03-2007). I Forgot To Bring My Camera So I'm Sorry I Can Post Pics At This Time. But They Will Be Up Sunday (3/04-2007).

Now The Discription:

1986 4Runner
2.4L 22rec
Automatic Transmission (stock)
T-Case, 2.28:1
White
220000 Miles On Tranny, And T-case.

Gear Ratios Found... I Think:

(1st) 3.830, (2nd) 2.062, (3rd) 1.436, (4th) 1.000, (5th) 0.838
Reverse 4.220
URL: http://cjford.stormloader.com/Tech/mantransinfo1.htm

T-Case: 2.28:1
URL: http://cjford.stormloader.com/Tech/transfer1.htm

Stock Ratio: 35.80284:1

After Gears: 46.194396:1

Not A SR5 (Kelly Blue Book Says Its A: Deluxe Sport Utility)

Build Up Plans:

5" SAS, And 5" Rear Lift Kit From Worldwide Off Road

Sliders - Worldwide Off Road

Hydrolic Assit- Worldwide Off Road

I Was Going To Do A Dual Case, But I Would Have To Buy A Adapter From Inchworm To Connect A Manual T-case To The Auto Tranny, And Then The Adapter For The Daul T-Case, And Another Manual T-Case.
It Was Just Out Of My Budget

So I Dieceded To Go With 5.29 Gears From Worldwide Off Road

Aussie Locker For The Rear, And I Have A Detriot True Trak Sittin On The Shelf So That Will Go Up Front. (Don't Know Where I Will Be Buying That Yet [aussie Locker]).

37x13.50x15 Tires From Somewhere Back East, 4 Total

Rims I Have, Street Lock Black. (Fake Bead Locks)

Front Drive Shaft I Will Be Making It A Sqaure Tub Shaft, The Rear Unkowen On Where I Will Be Buying It From. Either Woods, Marlin, Or Inchworm.

And A Exo-Cage With What Money I Have Left Over.

Also, I Am Keeping All The Toyota Drive-Train In It. I Just Would Rather Have A Toyota, And Have All Toyota Stuff In It.

So I'll Post Some Pics On Sunday.

Any Questions, I Will Be More Than Happy To Answer Them.

Thanks,
Cameron
workh2.jpg

Last edited:
Don't take this the wrong way, but your post reminds me of kinda a funny story.

My son's best friend bought a used Tacoma, and made a long list of mods he planned to do to it, a lot like yours. Lockers, tires, SAS, all sorts of stuff. This kid is a super nice guy, absolutely adores my truck, wants his Taco to be just as capable and setup. That was 2 years ago.

So far he has:

1. Changed the shift knob

That's it.

Welcome to the madness, hope your project turns out better!

Don't take this the wrong way, but your post reminds me of kinda a funny story.

My son's best friend bought a used Tacoma, and made a long list of mods he planned to do to it, a lot like yours. Lockers, tires, SAS, all sorts of stuff. This kid is a super nice guy, absolutely adores my truck, wants his Taco to be just as capable and setup. That was 2 years ago.

So far he has:

1. Changed the shift knob

That's it.

Welcome to the madness, hope your project turns out better!

Yeah... And Thanks.

Just To Let You Know All Parts Will Be On Order By Tuesday.

I Plan On Having It Done In 2-3 Months

SAS 1-2 Weeks

Gears And Lockers 1 Week

Tires 1-2 Days

Front Drive Shaft 1-2 Days 3 At The Most.

Exo Cage Unkowen.

Thanks,
Cameron

Caps Really Gets Annoying You Know That Right?

Here you're building up this sweet rig and I'm gonna have to watch while my rig sits back at home, ass! (j/k)

Thats What Yo Get When You Buy Another FJ40,

CAPS ARE ONLY ANNOYING TO THE ANNOYED WHO HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO BUT POINT OUT THAT YOUR CAPS ARE ON AND WOULD LIKE TO POINT IT OUT EVERY TIME THEY HAVE A CHANCE TO, SOOOOOOOOOOO ARE YOU ANNOYED YET? CAUSE I'M NOT QUITE DONE.

I LIKE TO SEE A WELL THOUGHT OUT PLAN COME TOGETHER, ME, I JUST SEEM TO WING IT AND GO WITH THE FLOW.

:D ;p ;)

You midas well add a week for taking pics and updating this thread with them for us to see......:doh:

Good luck. I'm in the middle of mine as week type. Will start my BU thread when I get closer to running. Progress is low right now as I only have one evening a week and one day a weekend to work on it. :mad:

You midas well add a week for taking pics and updating this thread with them for us to see......:doh:

Good luck. I'm in the middle of mine as week type. Will start my BU thread when I get closer to running. Progress is low right now as I only have one evening a week and one day a weekend to work on it. :mad:

Yeah... Pics Will Be Posted About Every Night When I Get Done With What Ever I'm Doing.

I Have Nights Off From My Work. So I Have just About 8 Hours Every Night (Mon-Thurs) To Work On It And Sundays I Have Off. But Usaully Friday And Saturday I Have 12 Hour Shifts.

CAPS ARE ONLY ANNOYING TO THE ANNOYED WHO HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO BUT POINT OUT THAT YOUR CAPS ARE ON AND WOULD LIKE TO POINT IT OUT EVERY TIME THEY HAVE A CHANCE TO, SOOOOOOOOOOO ARE YOU ANNOYED YET? CAUSE I'M NOT QUITE DONE.

I LIKE TO SEE A WELL THOUGHT OUT PLAN COME TOGETHER, ME, I JUST SEEM TO WING IT AND GO WITH THE FLOW.

:D ;p ;)

WORD!

I Still Dont Get It Caps What?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom