The Full_M3tal Build Up (86 4RNR) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone Know What The Green And Orange Button Is For? Green One Says Norm, And Orange Is Blank.

111.JPG

Last edited:
Are you kidding?

No I Was Not, But I Checked The Owners Manual And Found Out What It Was.

Green: Every Day Normmal Driving

Orange: Was PWR Which Was Rubbed Off. Powerfull Excelleration, Higher RPM When Shifting.

A Few Things I Did Today.

Articulation, Mouting A CB, And Changed A Battery Post. I Also Changed The Oil, Put Seat Covers On, Cleaned It Out, And Washed It, Put A New Headlight In. And Bought Some Floor Mats. I've Decided To Drive It For A Week To See If There Are Any Major Problems With It. So Far Nothing Yet, Besides Needing A Key To The Gas Door.

As Soon As Everything Shows Up, I'll Park It And Drive My Isuzu Trooper. And Start Tearing Everything Apart.

Also Orderd A Spindle For The Front Axle, Since We Had One Break On A Trail. It Was 102$, 996.87$ New From Toyota.
DSC04577.JPG
DSC04580.JPG
DSC04584.JPG

Nice Alkaline Trio sticker on the glove box! :flipoff2:

Pretty clean lookin' Runner there man! I got mine in SLC via the Greyhound...... :D It's not quite as clean as yours though.......

Yeah, It Was The Only Sticker That I Didn't Take Off.

It Was Bought In Frezno California, Then It Came To Utah 3 Yrs Ago. Bought It Off A Consign Lot In Heber City.

I Figured Some Old Lady Drove It Be Fore It Came To Utah. There Is Alot Of Little Rust Spots. But I Got Some Rubbing Com-Pound To Get It To Go Awey.

There Is A Small Ding On The Passangers Door, Another Right In Front Of The Windsheild. And Thats All I Could Find.

Nice clean looking truck

Looks like a good find, that 22re looks really clean. Looking forward to watching this come together. Can't believe how much Toy wants for a Spindle or the wrecker for that matter. That might have forced me to do my SAS sooner (if I had to) and use the hundo twards that. My 2 pesos. Watching this section of MUD for a while since I picked up my new 85 4Runner the other day. Makes me miss my old 85Runner. Not sure whether to be working on the Runner or the Cruiser. Good luck on your build

Last edited:
I'll take the trans and top since that obviously wont be around much longer.

Then the motor, trust me you won't like it.

Then the IFS stuff, good to have spares.

The fender's, the rear, when you put the Dana in.........................LOL

The Guage Cluster, The Computer, The Wiring Harness....................................

The Door's.........

The Rim's...........

The Running board's.............................

The Grill...............

The Bumper's...................

Last edited:
I'll take the trans and top since that obviously wont be around much longer. Hmmm Exo Cage Will Protect That

Then the motor, trust me you won't like it. Oh I Love It

Then the IFS stuff, good to have spares. You Can Have The IFS

The fender's, the rear, when you put the Dana in.........................LOL Dana? Why Would I Do That? It Needs To Be Street Legal

The Guage Cluster, The Computer, The Wiring Harness.................................... Works Great, I think Ill Hold On To It

The Door's......... Might Buy Another Set For Half Doors... Got Any?

The Rim's........... You Can Have The Rims

The Running board's............................. Those Went Int The Scrap Yard Today.

The Grill............... My Father Wanted Me To Make A FJ40 Grill For It And I Said It's NOT A CRUISER

The Bumper's...................Work Fine

Hey! There's no rear wiper!????? Is it missing or was there an option to not have one?

Yeah I Noticed That Today, No Wiper. Must Of Have Been An Option.

The Born Date Of The 4RNR Was SEP 85

Today....

Went To The DMV And The F*cking Lady Signed It Wrong So Hopefully I Can Get It Done Tomorrow, And Licenced.

Used Rubbing Compound To Get Out The Rust Spots From The Dings.

Waxed It, And Took Off Running Boards. Painted With Semi-Flat Black The Plastic Trim Befor The Rear Bumper, And In Front Of The Rear Wheel Well.

Ordering Parts Tomorrow!:flipoff2:

Last edited:
Update On Parts

Okay...

Just Bought SAS Kit, Rear Lift Kit, Hydrolic Assit, And Sliders From Worldwide Offroad.

Tires Should Be Here In A Week, Locker 2-3 Days; SAS Kit, Rear Lift Kit, Hydro, And Sliders Should Be Here By Next Week Sometime.

More Pictures Tonight!

Alright, Everything Is Orderd And On The Way.

Today I Installed The Speedo Cable Since It Did Not Have One. That Was A Royal Pain In The Arse! And The Speedo Had A Broken Clip. So I Had To Rig It So It Would Stay In. But I Said I Would Post Some Pics... So This Is My Brothers, It Will Look Almost The Same... BUT BETER! And My Front Axle
DSC04595.JPG
DSC04596.JPG
DSC04594.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom