The Full_M3tal Build Up (86 4RNR) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lose the Plastic trim

I'm all for you making the truck look nice, not my cup of tea, but to each his own. Personally I'd lose those plastic covers in front of the rear wheel wells. They just trap water and moisture behind them and cause rust to form where you can't see it. Although I am up in the Pacific NW so maybe a non-issue down there. My 2 pesos.

I'm all for you making the truck look nice, not my cup of tea, but to each his own. Personally I'd lose those plastic covers in front of the rear wheel wells. They just trap water and moisture behind them and cause rust to form where you can't see it. Although I am up in the Pacific NW so maybe a non-issue down there. My 2 pesos.

I Was Going To Take It Off, But There Would Have Left A Hole Where It Hooks On At, Also It Was Painted White Over White So It Is A Different Shade Of Color, And There Are Bondo Marks To.

Yes It Does Trap Water And Mud, But It Only It 3 Screwas To Take It Off. So I'm Keeping It So It Looks Nicer Then My Bros...

Today.....

Not Much But Some. Called Edgar, Still Out Off Town. So I'll Have To Drive Down To Heber Tomorrow Afternoon, So I Can Get The Tittle Straighten Out.

Pulled Front Axle, And Took It All A Part For Rebuild. Sorry No Pictures, Camera Died. But I'll Have Some Up Tomorrow.

Everything Is Orderd, So Now I'm Trying To Licence The 4runner So I Dont Have To Do It Later.

Alright...
Let Try This....

i went to heber, and no edgar was to be found, dropped off papers. and i am supposed to get a call from him tomorrow.

afterwords....

finished taking apart front axle, tore apart 3rd member, took off disc brakes, welded nuckle studs, cut off the traction bar, steering stabilizer bracket, and tortion bar brackets.

i did bring my camera today, so pictures will be up later on tonight.

once again every thing is on the way, should be here sometime next week.

list of things coming....

Hydrolic Steering Assist
SAS Kit (5")
Classic Rear Lift (5")
Aussie Locker
5.29:1 Gears
37x13.50x15 Dick Cepek Tires (Mickey Thompson)
Detroit True Trac (already Have, Going In Front)

Pictures...

lmnop
DSC04611.JPG
DSC04612.JPG
DSC04613.JPG

Are you gonna upgrade that housing to the 83/84 level of bracing? I would. Cheap and easy when the axle's not installed.

Are you gonna upgrade that housing to the 83/84 level of bracing? I would. Cheap and easy when the axle's not installed.

Do You Meen The Gusset On The Bottom? If So...

It Is An 85 Housing (You Can See It In The Picture Below), And I Am Also Putting A Gusset On The Top Too.

attachment.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom