The COVID Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I received the first dose of the Moderna vaccine yesterday. No different than a flu shot, arms a tiny bit sore today but other than that I wouldn’t know I had it. Only putting this out there because I’ve heard so many people that are afraid to take it based on outlandish claims they’ve read on the internet. Please if you are hesitant at all to take the vaccine take the time to do you’re own research from reputable sources and websites and then make your own decision. Don’t make the decision not to do it based solely on what you’ve heard.

My grandma got her first dose of the Moderna a week or so ago (she's 85 and at a Sr Living Community). She had a slight sore arm the next day but no other issues. She had an allergic reaction to a flu shot YEARS ago but no issues with the Covid vaccine.

I received the first dose of the Moderna vaccine yesterday. No different than a flu shot, arms a tiny bit sore today but other than that I wouldn’t know I had it. Only putting this out there because I’ve heard so many people that are afraid to take it based on outlandish claims they’ve read on the internet. Please if you are hesitant at all to take the vaccine take the time to do you’re own research from reputable sources and websites and then make your own decision. Don’t make the decision not to do it based solely on what you’ve heard.

But now Bill Gates can track your every movement oh noes

8Xry4KRh.jpg

Certainly take this with a grain of salt, but I found it interesting and thought I would share. I went to my Doc yesterday for a yearly checkup and they are asking everyone they see if the intend to get the COVID vaccination. As of yesterday overall only 44% said they intend to do so. However, 100% for those who are 65 or over did they intend to do so. I would say more than half of his business is serving those who are 65. I am not sure why, but I was surprised by this and shocked when this didn't surprise my Doc at all.

The way he put he said "we are doing all of this to protect the 1% that is truly at risk and people are getting tired of doing so."

I guess I can see his point because I have seen a shift in attitudes towards COVID with people I know. I honestly don't know anyone outside of my mother that is really concerned about it anymore. I deal with about 5-6 COVID cases a week here at work and usually they are only concerned about loosing lost wages and not their health.

It's a strange world we live in right now.

My wife's immune system is compromised. So, the only places she has gone in the last year are to a handful of dr appts. Our daughter and her husband did a lot of our grocery shopping, etc. I'm fine with wearing a mask in public, even if it may be proven to be 100% psychosomatic. An added bonus, it messes with the facial recognition software ;) (insert tinfoil hat here)

A huge pissing match developed in our sailing club about masks vs no masks, and I had to play responsible adult and put everyone in timeout for a few weeks. It was embarrassing to see how people who got along for years suddenly turned on each other. Sadly, that has become a common thing, whether it be social circles, work circles, and even random passerby interactions.

Canadian Border Patrol making sure we arent sneaking the VID in

Can't wait till we can go to Canada again.

Screenshot_20210122-091757_Timehop.jpg

A huge pissing match developed in our sailing club about masks vs no masks,
Curious about the sailing club. Is it open to new members? Club boats? I haven't been able to find my way onto the water since I moved up this way.

To keep covid related...I'll bring beer, masks, and I can trim a jib.

Radio Controlled sailboats, but there are full scale sailing clubs in the area.

I'm the young one at 50. Weve had guys solidly, very solidly in their 90s sail with us before they passed away.

That actually sounds even more interesting. I'd love to see how y'all have the controls and rigging set up on something like that.

PM inbound

Went and got the first shot on Sat. tiny little needle, did not even feel it go in. Typical soreness like any other shot I have received in the past. Same results for Heather. Maybe Krispy Kreme will give me a dozen if I promise not to return for two weeks. They'll save two donuts that way :)

I get my first dose on Wednesday. Andrea gets her second soon, my mom is done with hers, my sister that is here got her first one last week.

Sadly my brother in laws dad did pass away in February from it right before he was going to get vaccinated. Still haven't been able to have a funeral. His mom is moving up this way from Eugene OR, now and i'm going to help pack up all their things and help her move at some point in the next few months.

Weirdly the opposite has happened for me. I have been so busy with all my crap I don't eat as much. I'm at 191 lbs, quite a bit down from my 245 lb peak.

Weirdly the opposite has happened for me. I have been so busy with all my crap I don't eat as much. I'm at 191 lbs, quite a bit down from my 245 lb peak.
Same here, I'm down 16 pounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom