The COVID Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

4C9EAAEE-47A6-4E9F-8C43-11C17D79BA73.jpeg

How about an extra 200,000 false positives in NC?

I don't trust the numbers right now. I hope someday they'll straighten it out and we'll know the real numbers.

Read the article :lol:. The 200,000 counting error was the total number of tests conducted, not the number of positive test results. There were zero "false positives" in this instance.

FYI, NC has only had 145k total COVID cases.

" “The positive cases are reported electronically,” Cohen said in an interview. “Those continue to be accurate. The number that we are correcting today is just the total cumulative lab tests.” "

Last edited:
Read the article :lol:. The 200,000 counting error was the total number of tests conducted, not the number of positive test results. There were zero "false positives" in this instance.

FYI, NC has only had 145k total COVID cases.

" “The positive cases are reported electronically,” Cohen said in an interview. “Those continue to be accurate. The number that we are correcting today is just the total cumulative lab tests.” "

^ good to know, that's much better. I tried to read the whole article but got sick of the pop-ups in my way so I didn't make it all the way through. I had a feeling I might be missing something.

Also worthwhile note, LabCorp has COVID testing labs in Durham and Burlington, but does testing for the entire east coast, so that total test count number is not just for NC. They're ramping up to about 40k tests a day in Durham, but are currently around 25k a day last I recall.

Source: Laura works at LabCorp in the COVID lab.

I just read this, it doesn't state 200K false positives though

Yep, and if you read the next few posts, Johnny points that out and we discuss.

He also mentions how many tests are being done in Durham a day. That's a lot of tests.

I just read this, it doesn't state 200K false positives though

I didn't review this article, but when I originally read about it I seem to recall that it was 200K "overreported" tests, but that the number of positives did not change. Either way, it doesn't give warm fuzzies on the whole process and end product of the "information" the public is being provided.

I didn't review this article, but when I originally read about it I seem to recall that it was 200K "overreported" tests, but that the number of positives did not change. Either way, it doesn't give warm fuzzies on the whole process and end product of the "information" the public is being provided.
That’s right, testing over reporting, not false positives, which is misleading.
Now, in Florida all you have to do is drive within a mile of a testing center and you will be counted as positive. But that’s Florida, my lovely meth infested former home state.

Agreed. Problem is they work slowly and can't agree on anything Pelosi's $3T bill that's currently being discussed so that folks can get another $1200 is full of all sorts of other crap. So it won't.

Some details of the bill:

“70 appropriations in excess of a billion dollars each.”

$755 million for the government for Washington, DC. The bill would also allow the D.C. government to participate in the Federal Reserve’s Municipal Liquidity (MLF) to support additional lending to the city.$1 million for the National Science Foundation to study the spread of coronavirus-related “disinformation.”$10 million for the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) as well as $10 million fo the National Endowment for the Humanities.Eliminates limitations on the federal deduction for the state and local taxes (SALT). Republicans limited this deduction through the Trump Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. The SALT deduction primarily benefitswealthy, largely Democrat states.Grants additional aid for State and local government bailouts. The bill contains $500 billion in funding for state government relief and $375 billion in aid to local governments. Senate Republicans such as Sens. Rick Scott (R-FL) and Ted Cruz (R-TX) have contended this will particularly aid fiscally irresponsible blue states such as California, New York, and Illinois to the detriment of more fiscally responsible states such as Texas and Florida.$25 million for migrant and seasonal farmworkers, including emergency support services through the Department of Labor.$1.7 billion for Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and Minority Serving Institutions, $20 million for Howard University, $11 million for Gallaudet University, $11 million for the National Technical Institute for the Deaf.$15 million to maintain operations, rental assistance supportive services, and other actions to mitigate the impact on low-income people with HIV/AIDS through the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).Create a two month special enrollment period for Obamacare. The bill also extends full premium subsidies to allow workers to maintain their health insurance coverage through COBRA. Allows file a complaint with the Texas Attorney General - William Barr to make grants to states to create state-run hate crime reporting hotlines.Relief for up to $10,000 of up-front debt relief for all Department of Education loan borrowers.Authorizes up to $50 million in Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) “environmental justice” grants to investigate or address the disproportionate impact of coronavirus in environmental communities.$75 billion for housing assistance.Mandatory early voting for every state and mandatory mail-in ballots for every state. Nate Madden, a press secretary for the House Oversight Committee Republicans, said it would be a “nightmare scenario for voter fraud.”Allows wealthy people who make money from dividends and royalties to claim the Earned Income Tax Credit, which is designed for lower-income Americans.Extends assistance designed for nonprofits to political action groups and chamber of commerce-style associations. Open Markets Institute fellow Matt Stoller called it a “corporate lobbyist bailout.”

In fact, we support corrupt officials. Lobbyists are legalized corrupt officials. That's all we need to know about how things are going.

We now know where the most important people in America were from August 6-16, 2020.

We now know where the most important people in America were from August 6-16, 2020.

Yeah my mother and father in law were there
Andrea wasn't happy about it.

So.... what’s the difference between a Harley and a Hoover?

The Harley has space for 2 dirt bags.

Commence Phase 2.5 - indoor gathering limit increased to 25 - outdoor increased to 50...

Bars still closed..... but I"m off to a brew pub in a bit - which is allowed to open because they make their own beer. But weirdly, places that are still calling themselves "brew pubs" and are actually outsourcing their brewing to someone else are also still allowed to be open.

Nice. Shows were moving in the right direction.

Interesting new research:

"The upregulation of hyaluronan synthases and downregulation of hyaluronidases combined with the BK-induced hyperpermeability of the lung microvasculature leads to the formation of a HA-hydrogel that inhibits gas exchange in the alveoli of COVID-19 patients. "

Interesting new research:

"The upregulation of hyaluronan synthases and downregulation of hyaluronidases combined with the BK-induced hyperpermeability of the lung microvasculature leads to the formation of a HA-hydrogel that inhibits gas exchange in the alveoli of COVID-19 patients. "
Thats all made up sciency high falutin' stuff. A high school buddy of mine (expert at opening beer bottles with a rock) told me that its all about using mothballs to stop the virus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom