The COVID Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Interesting new research:

"The upregulation of hyaluronan synthases and downregulation of hyaluronidases combined with the BK-induced hyperpermeability of the lung microvasculature leads to the formation of a HA-hydrogel that inhibits gas exchange in the alveoli of COVID-19 patients. "

That's a hell of an interesting article. If "the bradykinin hypothesis" pans out, that fill a lot of gaps in our understanding of how this thing works. Nice find man.

"The upregulation of hyaluronan synthases and downregulation of hyaluronidases combined with the BK-induced hyperpermeability of the lung microvasculature leads to the formation of a HA-hydrogel that inhibits gas exchange in the alveoli of COVID-19 patients. "
I got too dizzy reading this quote to open the link. Sheesh!

So the Rally -

400,000 vehicles attended (so presumably 500k+ people)
No social distancing
No masks
Concerts
Bars open

260 people infected - 1 dead thus far.

Is anyone surprised how low that number is? I think the media was expecting a "I told you so" moment.

Was every single person tested, or just those who showed severe symptoms? I feel like the people who attended the rally in that circumstance would be the type of people to say "it's just a sniffle" then not get tested unless they're hospitalized.

EDIT: Let's be clear, I'm glad there wasn't more impact. I am surprised there wasn't more reported infections and/or deaths. I'd wager there are perhaps 10x the number of infected people than reported, just due to the fact that this is asymptomatic for lots of people, but overall yes, surprised.

Last edited:
So the Rally -

400,000 vehicles attended (so presumably 500k+ people)
No social distancing
No masks
Concerts
Bars open

260 people infected - 1 dead thus far.

Is anyone surprised how low that number is? I think the media was expecting a "I told you so" moment.
Maybe there is something to this "injecting disinfectant" idea....:hmm:

Yeah - agreed. Here's the details on what they did do locally:

I'm not familiar with the hill, nor have I looked up the research paper this article is referring to, but this offers another viewpoint on sturgis. Looks like it may be a lot worse than just the 260ish people confirmed.

I got too dizzy reading this quote to open the link. Sheesh!
They have pictures as well.
1599715925142.png

^^^
Apparently after amassing 60,000 followers in a 48-hour period of time, Twitter has suspended Dr. Yan's account.

1600280890276.png

Guys, you have it all wrong. The government is here to help. The amassing vacuum of power only wishes to see you well. We fortuitous greeting of happiness causes you good william.

Phew, glad that Google translation is accurate. I am not a conspiracy theorist but I play one on tv. Believe everything they tell you.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that the Donald and Melania Trump have Coronavirus. Are we not to discuss politics here so nobody has posted about it?

I was just going to post it, but i'm also 3 hours behind you guys and just finished my morning zoom meeting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom