The COVID Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Screensho-1.jpg

I thought this was an interesting article as I had this exact conversation with a friend recently on how when we compare normal yearly deaths (plus avg percent yearly increase), the results will be telling. Sounds like the results so far based on the article referenced Yale study is telling.

"Cockfighting and fishfighting venues remain closed"

And we complain about weird arbitrary rules on what can and can't open... lol.

No cockfighting??????? Cancels trip to public restroom in downtown :cry:

Sword fights were never halted.

That's for amatuers my dude.

Think more along the line of Kickboxer when Van Damn is wrapping his fists and then dumping them in broken glass ;)

Make your own decisions. This seems to have come from the SBA's PPP loans.

How many synagogues or mosques or temples got benefits from the SBA ppp program?

Factor in that they pay no taxes, period! No property taxes, no income taxes NOTHING!

Let me know if you need a partner in the church of Izzy.

Been seeing a LOT of negative reaction from teachers to the plan for remote/on-prem school in the fall. Mainly, how can a teacher accomplish full days of in-class curriculum while also maintaining the distance learning students' plan and progress? We don't have kids, but I feel like the teachers maybe weren't included in coming up with the plan. I honestly don't know, but sure hope they find a solution because everyone I talked to said the last 3 months of last school year were a waste.

Been seeing a LOT of negative reaction from teachers to the plan for remote/on-prem school in the fall. Mainly, how can a teacher accomplish full days of in-class curriculum while also maintaining the distance learning students' plan and progress? We don't have kids, but I feel like the teachers maybe weren't included in coming up with the plan. I honestly don't know, but sure hope they find a solution because everyone I talked to said the last 3 months of last school year were a waste.

With having three educators in my immediate family I can tell you that teachers are rarely included in education policy buulding.

I agree. The last few months of the school year were a joke. No fault to the teachers or the school district. I know they were trying to adapt to an evolving situation the best they could.

I wanted my kids to go back to school. My wife is choosing to keep them home since we can because she doesn’t work. We chose this to try to help the shool / teachers since we know that others don’t have the ability to keep their kids home because both parents have to work, so they won’t have a choice but to send their kids to school.
alsothe kids that do have to come in will be on a 1 week on 2 weeks off rotating schedule. This I feel would create more logistics problems than it solves but this limits the amount of students in the school at one time.

my kids will he distance learning and I hate it. I had a conversation with my wife and kids about why I don’tlike it. Bottom line is that kids will be kids. I know at my boys age 13 and 11 I needed to be forced, encouraged to learn and needed the scheduled classroom environment and even then the teachers could barely keep my attention.
so I told my wife that online learning will be a waste of time if she isn’t on their butts every day aboutdoing their work.
I don’t see myself being happy about the whole situation but as a parent we will have to adjust accordingly to make sure the kids continue to be challenged mentally. Of course this is only an issue with my two boys. My daughter is responding very well to online school. The problem with her though is she is missing out on all her sports and friends are very important to her right now at 15. So not a great situation but it isn’t a horrible situation for us personally. I do know rhat other families might not be in the same situation as us though.

I also need to add though this current situation is pretty unprecedented. Its hard to say what the right thing to do is. We simple don't have the social net here to deal with distance learning yet, especially if both parents are still going to work and don't have family that can help. I know without my mom here my sister and brother in law would be up a creek right now.

It is def hard to know what the right thing to do is. Especially when the government makes crazy decisions.
to Me it’s just bonkers that mom and pop shops have to close but Walmart and target stay open.
Restaurants, bars concerts have to close but thousands of people can gather to protest.

school fall sports are basically canceled yet club sports are still allowed.

it doesn’t bother me too much. What bothers me the most about this whole thing is the mental gymnastics that people do to justify the things that are importantor convenient to them but are in complete favor of closing things rhat don’t interrupt their lives.

i hate to think this way but a part of me thinks that this whole COVID thing will disappear after the elections.

As of this morning 30k students have signed up for Wake County's virtual academy, that's nearly 20% of district's student population. At 30k, I believe that would effectively make the virtual academy the 10th or 11th largest "district" in the state.

To be expected, reaction is all over the board. My sister is an assistant principal at an elementary school on the north side of the county. I can tell you she's hearing some teachers who are afraid to go to work with current public health conditions and others who are ready to adapt whatever is necessary to have kids in the classroom. Either way, they terribly miss having students in the classroom and realize they are best served in-person.

It is def hard to know what the right thing to do is. Especially when the government makes crazy decisions.
to Me it’s just bonkers that mom and pop shops have to close but Walmart and target stay open.
Restaurants, bars concerts have to close but thousands of people can gather to protest.

school fall sports are basically canceled yet club sports are still allowed.

it doesn’t bother me too much. What bothers me the most about this whole thing is the mental gymnastics that people do to justify the things that are importantor convenient to them but are in complete favor of closing things rhat don’t interrupt their lives.

i hate to think this way but a part of me thinks that this whole COVID thing will disappear after the elections.

This is the situation we are left with when there's no leadership. POTUS is trying to stop reporting of COVID data to the CDC for ****s sake.

The only part that *may* disappear after the election is the idea of pretending that COVID isn't an issue that requires a coordinated national response.

Johny,
The article you posted states that
“ POTUS ordered hospitals to report their data to Washington instead of the CDC”
I don’t have to read beyond that.
How exactly does does the president have the power to order a private company ( hospitals) on how they have to report what happens in their hospital?
Not trying to argue but that does not pass my sanity check.

Americans are spoon fed their worries through “news” channels and social media.
Once those places stop talking about it then Americans will stop worrying about it and move on to the next shiny object that is dangled in front of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom