The Coleman Thread (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

and by the way, are any of y'all using a Windtamer with your Coleman Stoves?
Amazon product ASIN B07F3MFZ8V

Lastly, I found a Chinese company on FleaBay that makes these pretty good quality soft padded cases for lanterns, single burner stoves etc. They are super cheap and pretty good quality. I'll look for a link.

View attachment 2130453
I'd love the link to this guy! I'm always looking for the original metal case for my 502, or even the plastic ones they made later on. And so far no luck, but I hate not having it in anything.

Just want to double check, is this stand set up correctly? It doesn't feel like it can expand any more. The stove seems slightly low, there is extra space in front and behind the stove, and I don't understand what the extra "support" arms on the stand are for.

qQLHe30.jpg

elFyl9X.jpg

otJSz5c.jpg

Compare with mine from the previous page of postings. Mine doesn't have the support arms but I think they're a great idea. I'd put that side in the back. and Yes the stove does sit slightly lower than one would think. Maybe we're all getting a bit taller over time?
88d2252b-6056-4e7f-89c8-087b94078dbe-jpeg.2120334

I have the same stand with the support bars. It sits really low. I cannot remember, but do the support bars on the back of the stand allow you to flip the stove's lid backwards to create a 'table' or prep area?

I have the same stand with the support bars. It sits really low. I cannot remember, but do the support bars on the back of the stand allow you to flip the stove's lid backwards to create a 'table' or prep area?

I'll try that. I bet that's what they're meant for.

That seems like a really good answer to me.

Went camping and put some of my coleman crap to use. Breakfast tacos, BLTs, and venison stroganoff.

n03RDtx.jpg

na2dbGN.jpg

I need a 502

IByYXdE.jpg

wcyPkfV.jpg

WHImzse.jpg

THgYeeo.jpg
YOU HAVE SOME SUPER NICE COLEMAN STUFF SIR!!! Happy to see folks actually putting their stuff to use.

I'm going through a 413G I picked up a few months ago. It's not in nearly as good condition as the 426 pictured above. It's a user stove to me, and I am just cleaning it up and getting it working. I plan to wire wheel and paint the manifold assembly, burner assembly and drip pan with VHT paint to stop future rust. Do you guys think it's worth the hassle to paint the case and lid as well? I like the patina now that I've cleaned it. I'm thinking hit the rust and bare metal with Rust Converter, then just polish and wax everything. I don't know if I want to tape off all the hardware and repaint the entire thing. I also don't know where to get a new sticker for the lid.

I'm going through a 413G I picked up a few months ago. It's not in nearly as good condition as the 426 pictured above. It's a user stove to me, and I am just cleaning it up and getting it working. I plan to wire wheel and paint the manifold assembly, burner assembly and drip pan with VHT paint to stop future rust. Do you guys think it's worth the hassle to paint the case and lid as well? I like the patina now that I've cleaned it. I'm thinking hit the rust and bare metal with Rust Converter, then just polish and wax everything. I don't know if I want to tape off all the hardware and repaint the entire thing. I also don't know where to get a new sticker for the lid.
Old Coleman Parts will have a sticker for you, but probably NOT with the lighting instructions, if it has them now.

I was hoping someone else would have some info...
They are missing the tops I think...
That’s essential how I met my wife.

Regarding the lamps....dunno but they look cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom