The Coleman Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Where can I find the dates of my Coleman water cooler?

So if it says 9-76 then it is from sept 1976?
Or does it require a decoder?

I bought the #20 mantles for my Peak 1 that's pictured on the previous page. According to the mantle package, they should work. However, it just seems way too big for the lantern. I was at my grandfather's house 2 weeks ago and he gave me a bag of old mantles. These ones look like they belong in the Peak 1, much smaller and have an elastic band to attach to the lantern. Problem with these is they're too old and dried out because they just go up in flames and disintegrate.

I'm going to try to pick some up mantles at the store tonight to see if they work better, since everywhere I look says to use the ones I bought.

I run regular mantles in my Peak 1 lanterns. They shrink when burned and no issues in many years.

P1090050.JPG

That "camp" stove is not all that useful. You can't easily get bottles for it any more.

I have one too :)

I too have one, paid $5 at local swap meet. Figured I could find an adapter. Nope.
If anyone finds one or knows of one please let us know.

That "camp" stove is not all that useful. You can't easily get bottles for it any more.

I have one too :)
Did you ever try the method in the link I posted?

Last edited:
I never got around to it, no..

Not a hijack here--I just found an old Real Host 2 burner stove. Don't know if it was a knockoff mfg of Coleman or not-- Thought I would post it to see if anyone had any info about it

overview.JPG

burner.JPG

front.JPG

Just picked this up today-a 242C--it was the one out of 5 that was the best looking. Got it from a newly opened architectural salvage shop here in Ft. Myers, Fl.--$30 I think it is the one that will fit in the Coleman 426B 3-burner stove case--only thing missing was the fount fuel cap-

242C full view.jpg

242C id.jpg

242C handle plus globe.jpg

242C bottom 1.jpg

Just picked this up today-a 242C--it was the one out of 5 that was the best looking. Got it from a newly opened architectural salvage shop here in Ft. Myers, Fl.--$30 I think it is the one that will fit in the Coleman 426B 3-burner stove case--only thing missing was the fount fuel cap-

View attachment 1349063

View attachment 1349064

View attachment 1349065

View attachment 1349066

Be careful of the bottom of the tank. I have one that has some rust on the bottom like yours, and after cleaning the rust off it had a pin hole. Also if you need a fuel cap I have some extras.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom