Builds Tex's 2019 GX460 build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good choices. I've been really eying that F-250 Tremor with the 7.3. I was going to go Bronco in a couple of years, but I miss my truck and the space.

What kind of "truck stuff" are you going to be doing?

Pulling an off-shore boat at the ramp and some skid steers on a goose-neck. That said, both interested parties have backed off so I'm going to have to officially list it now and see how it plays out.

Pulling an off-shore boat at the ramp and some skid steers on a goose-neck. That said, both interested parties have backed off so I'm going to have to officially list it now and see how it plays out.

Asking price?

Asking price?

If someone made me a great offer for my 460 I'd take the equity and get a loan for yours. LOL Good luck! Maybe I'll see you in the 200 forums someday when I get my LX or down by the beach in south TX if I make it down there before moving to the northwest.

This would probably fulfill your "truck stuff" needs pretty well. :)

I love first gens but I’d prefer it had a Cummins, it wouldn’t tug 15K+ pounds. That’s no doubt a 7mpg truck haha. It’s a little rougher than I expected once I got through the pics.

If it hasn’t sold yet it’s a sign that you should keep it and finally get a rear bumper.

I'll give it a few weeks and if there aren't any serious hits I'll pull the listings and keep it a little while longer. I am surprised that it hasn't gotten more action, maybe the market is soft on the newer ones, I know it took OverlandV1.0 a few months to sell his.

Do you think there is an aversion by significant number of prospective GX buyers for pre-modded vehicles?

Not saying there aren't many that want pre-modded but I notice many looking for the "never off-road" / "soccer mom" / "stock" vehicle.

I plan to keep mine for so long... I could frankly care less what any of my mods do to "value" or prospective resale

Do you think there is an aversion by significant number of prospective GX buyers for pre-modded vehicles?

Not saying there aren't many that want pre-modded but I notice many looking for the "never off-road" / "soccer mom" / "stock" vehicle.

I plan to keep mine for so long... I could frankly care less what any of my mods do to "value" or prospective resale

It's possible but hell most anything is possible lol. I've had a few very interested buyers that have backed out for various reasons but only one was because he was planning to buy new from the beginning. It probably doesn't help that there's a plethora of lightly used units on the market at all times but then again the inventory on all vehicles is strained at the moment and it's definitely more of a seller's market because of it.

I'd love to keep it and finish the build, 35's, triple locked, long travel, etc. but I can't justify it as a fun vehicle at the moment, just too many other irons in the fire that need monetary attention as well. In all honesty I am not in a hurry to sell it so I've got time to sit and wait and I could strip some of the goodies off and trade it in but I am not interested in going through the effort at the moment.

I see you have up on GXOR 4sale & here of course.

I assume local Craigslist? (this would get picked up on AutoTempest too so national CL search)

If you have time to sell it should sell without any issues.

I see you have up on GXOR 4sale & here of course.

I assume local Craigslist? (this would get picked up on AutoTempest too so national CL search)

If you have time to sell it should sell without any issues.

Yea it's on here, the Portal, GXOR, Houston Overland, Texas Overland, and on my IG page for the truck. I'll try CL and Auto Trader next, I wasn't ready to go to the length of paying for a listing just yet. I do have plenty of time as I'll likely have to order it's replacement and it won't arrive until fall.

Got a trade in the works, if everything works out I'll be headed home this weekend with a new RAM 3500.

Got a trade in the works, if everything works out I'll be headed home this weekend with a new RAM 3500.
Gonna miss your posts, Tex68w!
Happy trails.

Happy trails.

It ain't over 'til it's over lol. I don't expect any issues or games, I already have an agreed upon buyers order and short of some unforeseen issue it should go off without a hitch. I'll still be around and active in the 200 forum.

Oh, sounds cool. What trim?

Happy trails.

Same.

It ain't over 'til it's over lol. I don't expect any issues or games, I already have an agreed upon buyers order and short of some unforeseen issue it should go off without a hitch. I'll still be around and active in the 200 forum.

Maybe I’ll see you there if I end up getting an LX. :)

Oh, sounds cool. What trim?

Nothing crazy, it's a loaded out Tradesman. No cool LED lights or fancy seats but it has all of the electronic upgrades inside that I wanted. I am not a fan of the chrome package but all of that is coming off with the addition of aftermarket goodies so it's not a big deal. I'll likely order a set of the Night Edition blacked out lens LED headlights when I swap out the grille surround with a black one. I want to keep this build simple and utilitarian but I'd be lying if I said that it wasn't weird not ordering a King Ranch Super Duty lol. I've had four of those and I was definitely spoiled with the leather and interior goodies on them.

The aftermarket is nuts right now, tires are unobtanium, shocks are on a nation wide back order, wheels and bumpers are backed up, and the tray bed build will take longer than normal. I guess the delayed start will give me time to pick exactly what I want and time to enjoy the fuel economy of a stock truck for a while lol.

Nothing crazy, it's a loaded out Tradesman. No cool LED lights or fancy seats but it has all of the electronic upgrades inside that I wanted. I am not a fan of the chrome package but all of that is coming off with the addition of aftermarket goodies so it's not a big deal. I'll likely order a set of the Night Edition blacked out lens LED headlights when I swap out the grille surround with a black one. I want to keep this build simple and utilitarian but I'd be lying if I said that it wasn't weird not ordering a King Ranch Super Duty lol. I've had four of those and I was definitely spoiled with the leather and interior goodies on them.

The aftermarket is nuts right now, tires are unobtanium, shocks are on a nation wide back order, wheels and bumpers are backed up, and the tray bed build will take longer than normal. I guess the delayed start will give me time to pick exactly what I want and time to enjoy the fuel economy of a stock truck for a while lol.

My buddy waited 5 months for a pintop kit from CJC for his 2500 RAM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom