Builds Tex's 200 build thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Weight? Does it cover the transfer case?

Weight? Does it cover the transfer case?

60lbs, does not cover the back half of the t-case but he's working on that as we speak so it will soon have that skid to tie into the rest of the system. It also has front cat deterrent panels and I believe he is going to add some for the rear cats too alongside of the t-case panel.

It truly is an impressive system, completely flush with nothing to snag and access panels for the drain plug and filter as well.

I just noticed you need some rear lower control arm braces/skids. :D

Thanks for the kind words too.

Last edited:
I just noticed you need some rear lower control arm braces/skids. :D

Thanks for the kind words too.

Tempted and should I decide to forgo Metal Tech rear LCA's then I will certainly grab a set from you.

When it's mid 70's, 2 mph winds and a negative tide in late February you take advantage and go to the beach. A perfect Sunday morning.

TnALRcj.jpg

MHMvJnT.jpg

XJ290kM.jpg

et9raCn.jpg

7eyCiak.jpg

Here we are and way more mods than you said you were gonna do!

Whens the full lift coming? Lol

Love it.

Here we are and way more mods than you said you were gonna do!

Whens the full lift coming? Lol

Love it.

HAH! It'll be a slow roll out over the next year or so. Front bumper/winch/lights is up next followed by sliders, I should have all of that done prior to this summers planned trips out west. From there I'll likely do rear drawers and possibly a rear bumper and LRA. I am not sure I want to mess with a flat rack but I have some ideas on how one could be useful, that said it likely won't happen until it's retired from daily driver duty, if ever. My past experience has taught me that aftermarket racks tend to cause more issues than they solve, for myself anyway.

I still need to have the OEM 3M removed and 3M/Xpel or something similar applied to the entire hood, front fenders, A-pillars, and the leading edge of the roof, I am tired of the rock chips. The paint on these things is a joke. In regards to the lift, part of me wishes I had just gone with the OME 3" instead of the 2" and just called it a day there. I have been putting it through its paces lately in different conditions and I am extremely pleased especially given what this trucks current purpose is for. I won't be making any huge moves with that anytime soon short of the shocks but I reserve the right to change my mind on that at any given moment.

I am rolling 60K miles right now and I am trying to figure out exactly when I want to retire it from daily status to the weekend warrior only badge. I also need to figure out what will take its place at that time as well.

HAH! It'll be a slow roll out over the next year or so. Front bumper/winch/lights is up next followed by sliders, I should have all of that done prior to this summers planned trips out west. From there I'll likely do rear drawers and possibly a rear bumper and LRA. I am not sure I want to mess with a flat rack but I have some ideas on how one could be useful, that said it likely won't happen until it's retired from daily driver duty, if ever. My past experience has taught me that aftermarket racks tend to cause more issues than they solve, for myself anyway.

I still need to have the OEM 3M removed and 3M/Xpel or something similar applied to the entire hood, front fenders, A-pillars, and the leading edge of the roof, I am tired of the rock chips. The paint on these things is a joke. In regards to the lift, part of me wishes I had just gone with the OME 3" instead of the 2" and just called it a day there. I have been putting it through its paces lately in different conditions and I am extremely pleased especially given what this trucks current purpose is for. I won't be making any huge moves with that anytime soon short of the shocks but I reserve the right to change my mind on that at any given moment.

I am rolling 60K miles right now and I am trying to figure out exactly when I want to retire it from daily status to the weekend warrior only badge. I also need to figure out what will take its place at that time as well.

Just got back from my tesla trial roundtrip, (lots and lots to say to that on the vs R1S thread) and yeah, never did daily with the LX, but suffice to say its about to get even more impractical pretty soon! Lol

75k coming up, and it’s gonna sit like that for a while with a little piggy bank on the side!

Just got back from my tesla trial roundtrip, (lots and lots to say to that on the vs R1S thread) and yeah, never did daily with the LX, but suffice to say its about to get even more impractical pretty soon! Lol

75k coming up, and it’s gonna sit like that for a while with a little piggy bank on the side!

I am guessing that you drank the kool-aid and will be getting a plastic fantastic iPad car?

I am guessing that you drank the kool-aid and will be getting a plastic fantastic iPad car?

Yes, a plastic, loud, harsh riding, absolute horrendous tablet interface having electric beater! Lol

Just not sure which one…

Changed over to the metal oil filter housing.

GyLXK6y.jpg

qH4ytCP.jpg

XgtVlB5.jpg

I changed the engine oil/filter, engine and cabin air filters myself prior to taking in to Land Cruiser's of Houston (who btw does great work and is a full service restoration shop for any series LC) to have both front/rear differentials, and the t-case fluid changed as well. The drive shafts and UCA's were hit with some grease too. Fluids looked good considering they were the originals with 60K miles on them. Short of the next oil change or two she's good to go until I do the brakes in the next 10-15K miles.

The KDSS had some air in the system and it was causing the fluid to cavitate, after handling that the KDSS lean is now down to only a 1/8" difference, I am very happy. I also found out that I have a field mouse under the hood somewhere, time for traps to catch him before he does some real damage.

Pics of the fluids and drain plug magnet collections below.

WMPzEFZ.jpg

sQrInfy.jpg

zVBds0n.jpg

7IG9RaH.jpg

tpAeynp.jpg

IWjlWD7.jpg

zuXpB0h.jpg

Thanks for the heads up on Land Cruisers of Houston. I was planning on eventually taking my 40 to OKC for restoration work. Nice to have an option close by.

The KDSS had some air in the system and it was causing the fluid to cavitate, after handling that the KDSS lean is now down to only a 1/8" difference, I am very happy.

Wow, that seems pretty strange. Any idea how the air was introduced? And the lean was the only noticable symptom?

Thanks for the heads up on Land Cruisers of Houston. I was planning on eventually taking my 40 to OKC for restoration work. Nice to have an option close by.

Yea, I was very impressed with his work and the shop. 40's, 60's, multiple 70's and 80's on up were present. He does everything from general maintenance down to a complete frame off restoration and major mods like putting a 100 Series chassis under a 60. From paint and body to welding, it's all done there in house. He had engines, t-cases, axles, even full on frames hanging on the walls in the shop and was in the middle of a full roof swap on a 62 that had been badly eaten up with cancer. I believe he's a Ironman dealer as well and carries some SDHQ parts too.

He's Venezuelan National and worked as a diesel mechanic for CAT and John Deere prior to opening his shop. Said his first truck was a 79 Series that he got for free and got it running with some tools and a manual that his father gave him. I will be giving him my business going forward 100%.

Wow, that seems pretty strange. Any idea how the air was introduced? And the lean was the only noticable symptom?

No clue, but he got me straightened out, I am now within 1/8" on each side measurement and gained 1/2" overall from my previous measurements so I am very happy with the result.

I changed the engine oil/filter, engine and cabin air filters myself prior to taking in to Land Cruiser's of Houston (who btw does great work and is a full service restoration shop for any series LC) to have both front/rear differentials, and the t-case fluid changed as well. The drive shafts and UCA's were hit with some grease too. Fluids looked good considering they were the originals with 60K miles on them. Short of the next oil change or two she's good to go until I do the brakes in the next 10-15K miles.

The KDSS had some air in the system and it was causing the fluid to cavitate, after handling that the KDSS lean is now down to only a 1/8" difference, I am very happy. I also found out that I have a field mouse under the hood somewhere, time for traps to catch him before he does some real damage.

Pics of the fluids and drain plug magnet collections below.

WMPzEFZ.jpg

sQrInfy.jpg

zVBds0n.jpg

7IG9RaH.jpg

tpAeynp.jpg

IWjlWD7.jpg

zuXpB0h.jpg
Woah woah woah - screw the diff plug pics - share some pics of that workshop and collection!

Yea, I was very impressed with his work and the shop. 40's, 60's, multiple 70's and 80's on up were present. He does everything from general maintenance down to a complete frame off restoration and major mods like putting a 100 Series chassis under a 60. From paint and body to welding, it's all done there in house. He had engines, t-cases, axles, even full on frames hanging on the walls in the shop and was in the middle of a full roof swap on a 62 that had been badly eaten up with cancer. I believe he's a Ironman dealer as well and carries some SDHQ parts too.

He's Venezuelan National and worked as a diesel mechanic for CAT and John Deere prior to opening his shop. Said his first truck was a 79 Series that he got for free and got it running with some tools and a manual that his father gave him. I will be giving him my business going forward 100%.

No clue, but he got me straightened out, I am now within 1/8" on each side measurement and gained 1/2" overall from my previous measurements so I am very happy with the result.
How did you bleed KDSS? I dont recall that being a recommended service anywhere.......

Woah woah woah - screw the diff plug pics - share some pics of that workshop and collection!

Haha I really should have taken more pics for you guys but he is hosting the Bayou City Cruiser's monthly meet-up there on Wednesday March 29th so that will be a great opportunity for guys in the area to check out the shop and meet Vladimir. Here is one I snapped of the paint and body side of the shop. There's a 2009 71 Series back there under one of those tarps too.

3SqsP6R.jpg

How did you bleed KDSS? I dont recall that being a recommended service anywhere.......

I didn't do that work, Vlad at LC's of Houston did. I didn't inquire about the brand of voodoo he used but I am happy with the results and I will ask him about it when I am there in a few weeks.

@Tex68w We'll be fully in town moved in Apr. 1st.

Whats up with the eimkeith PKC group install? Still not done with yours?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom