Tesla Style Stereo Research - Landcruiser 2008-15 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The install was relatively straightforward. I had an airbag light on for a week that I couldn't figure out and they sent me images of where to plug in the harness I hadn't plugged in. The Harness had a sticker on it that said 09-16 airbag extension. If you are hesitant, you need to have someone else install it. The harnesses mostly all make sense.

However some things like the antennae harness didn't work and I just plugged my antenna straight into the unit. Its' definitely not stock and has some quirks and shortcomings.

If you push one of the truck temp buttons under the vents to change the temp, the A/C comes off auto. If you adjust it all on screen it works fine.

There's some trial and error to figure out some of the setting and set the temp to Fahrenheit and get the correct time zone. If you are familiar with an Android tablet it will help a lot.

I think it was a good decision, The Toyota head unit is so behind everything else in the market. Especially my 08.
Hi @Desert Yeti , could you please post a pic of where the airbag harness connects to? Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi @Desert Yeti , could you please post a pic of where the airbag harness connects to? Thanks.
I'll see if I can dig one up
I took mine out of my 08. It is behind the glove box though (left side of the glove box)

PS If anyone wants one to play with I'll give you mine for almost nothing!

Last edited:
Keep in mind that not every plug is going to have a place on the new harness. Look very closely and take your time. Match up the ones that match, and then leave the rest unplugged. Don't force any into connectors they don't fit into. And then see where you end up from there.
I also received 32 harnesses with mine and only used one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom