Tesla Style Stereo Research - Landcruiser 2008-15 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thank you everyone for the information shared. I sent Phoenix an email with photos of how my unit looks, can’t wait to place the order and get this done....

In everyone’s experience so far, what does not work?
What issues do you have?
Anyone have the TPMS unit installed and working?

Thank you everyone for the information shared. I sent Phoenix an email with photos of how my unit looks, can’t wait to place the order and get this done....

In everyone’s experience so far, what does not work?
What issues do you have?
Anyone have the TPMS unit installed and working?
Everything seems to work except the rear tv. I did have to ask them how to turn on the weather though.

Everything seems to work except the rear tv. I did have to ask them how to turn on the weather though.
Did you install yourself?
Plug/play? Whatever matches stock plugs, you plug in?
I am planning to install it myself as a challenge to my 08 Rig

AA044479-5DE7-447F-A0CE-1E43292A67CF.jpeg

Did you install yourself?
Plug/play? Whatever matches stock plugs, you plug in?
I am planning to install it myself as a challenge to my 08 Rig

View attachment 2543916
Yes, I did install it myself. There might be a variance on the unit you get (I'm not sure if the 16" or 10" are much different), mine came with 4 different harnesses, but only 2 were even close. Out of the 2, I picked the one that would match up with more plugs (got lucky the first time). FYI Not all of the new and OEM plugs will be used. With my unit there were Zero instructions or wire diagrams, however, almost all the wires have tags. I have to do a firmware update so I can show you pics of the back if needed. I can also take a pic of the harnesses I did NOT use if that helps. I had to connect a couple of wires between the head unit and harness (E brake and reverse). Everything else is plug and play. The only thing in the car menu I could still not change is the dealer options (headlight delay, auto-lock, etc.) I believe you still have to use Toyota Techstream to change those options up to the 2013 model ( I could be wrong).

After I got it going I wanted to use my rear camera while towing but on mine, the only way to view is to put it in reverse so I added a relay on the reverse trigger wire at the new radio and put in an OEM look-alike switch (see pics). I also added one for the Daytime running lights and relay at the DRL resistor module since the dealer wants $65 to turn it on and off.

BTW Nice Rig!

Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 9.53.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 9.54.15 AM.png

Thank you.

Does it show the outside temp?
I got an email from them today, saying the rear camera is not supported...

Thank you.

Does it show the outside temp?
I got an email from them today, saying the rear camera is not supported...
yes, but I'm not sure if it pulls from the sensor or an app on the web. I want to say the sensor because it always starts out like 10 degrees warmer (in the garage) and once I start driving it's within 2 degrees of my phone weather app. My rear cam works fine the harness turns it into an RCA connection, I don't have an OEM 360 system (not sure what yours is) but as far as I know, that is just an extra module.

For those that have had these for a while, how's the glare? Have seen some really negative reports in other forums.

yes, but I'm not sure if it pulls from the sensor or an app on the web. I want to say the sensor because it always starts out like 10 degrees warmer (in the garage) and once I start driving it's within 2 degrees of my phone weather app. My rear cam works fine the harness turns it into an RCA connection, I don't have an OEM 360 system (not sure what yours is) but as far as I know, that is just an extra module.
It will show the temp at the top of your screen. It pulls from the vehicle's sensor. Same temp that shows on your gauge cluster.

Mine's been working fine. 1.5 years in and it's been really good. Sound quality is great (uses the stock amp, so no rewiring involved there). Speed is great, no noticable lag. Bootup time is good too. Screen quality has been good too. I noticed I have to take off polarized sunglasses of some brands to see the screen well, but some polarized sunglasses I see the screen fine. All the Google Playstore apps I've installed have work so far just fine. Overall it's been a really good investment.

It will show the temp at the top of your screen. It pulls from the vehicle's sensor. Same temp that shows on your gauge cluster.
That's what I thought, but the Tech support guy kept saying it wouldn't work and that's why they shipped it "off", I turned it back on anyway.

For those that have had these for a while, how's the glare? Have seen some really negative reports in other forums.
I noticed the same as baktasht with certain sunglasses, I've also tried some launchers (home screens) that did not have black backgrounds and that helped as well

Yes, I did install it myself. There might be a variance on the unit you get (I'm not sure if the 16" or 10" are much different), mine came with 4 different harnesses, but only 2 were even close. Out of the 2, I picked the one that would match up with more plugs (got lucky the first time). FYI Not all of the new and OEM plugs will be used. With my unit there were Zero instructions or wire diagrams, however, almost all the wires have tags. I have to do a firmware update so I can show you pics of the back if needed. I can also take a pic of the harnesses I did NOT use if that helps. I had to connect a couple of wires between the head unit and harness (E brake and reverse). Everything else is plug and play. The only thing in the car menu I could still not change is the dealer options (headlight delay, auto-lock, etc.) I believe you still have to use Toyota Techstream to change those options up to the 2013 model ( I could be wrong).

After I got it going I wanted to use my rear camera while towing but on mine, the only way to view is to put it in reverse so I added a relay on the reverse trigger wire at the new radio and put in an OEM look-alike switch (see pics). I also added one for the Daytime running lights and relay at the DRL resistor module since the dealer wants $65 to turn it on and off.

BTW Nice Rig!

View attachment 2543995

View attachment 2543996
Good idea with the relay for rear cam. Yes posting any pics u have would be highly appreciative. THX

Was wondering if it's possible to upgrade to simply upgrade the screen to something more modern. I don't really mind the classic buttons and switches on this truck and don't particularly want it to look like Tesla. But the screen resolution by today's standards is just sad. Anyone done that?

Was wondering if it's possible to upgrade to simply upgrade the screen to something more modern. I don't really mind the classic buttons and switches on this truck and don't particularly want it to look like Tesla. But the screen resolution by today's standards is just sad. Anyone done that?
Hello

I believe many of us have looked at alternatives to upgrade the outdated screen resolution unless your LC200 is a newer yrs (2016-2020). Most here are using the 10-12” tesla ike screens bc it’s the cleanest option for this Rig.

if someone else has done the research on screen swap to same size as OE but higher resolution, let us know

I don’t think the popular brands like (Kenwood, Pioneer, Clarion, etc) made a clean swap with plug/play for the LC

Thoughts anyone

I'm selling mine out of my totaled 2008. It's in the classifieds. Pm me if interested or if you have any questions,
Where's the listing? Having trouble finding it.

Well I think they sent me the wrong wiring harness. I'm dead in the water. The rage...

View attachment 2626375

View attachment 2626378
Keep in mind that not every plug is going to have a place on the new harness. Look very closely and take your time. Match up the ones that match, and then leave the rest unplugged. Don't force any into connectors they don't fit into. And then see where you end up from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom