Tesla style head unit - has anyone seen this? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Doesn't your LC have rear air controls over the left passenger seat? Mine does...
Well shoot! I guess I've never been back there or have had to use it with passengers... Thanks @sharkCamo and @saudi! That solves that!

Bought one. Have a feeling I'm gonna regret this a few times as I muddle through getting it to work.

Anyone used one of these without the factory Amp? My amp is dead I think so I'm going to need to make some mods.

Bought one. Have a feeling I'm gonna regret this a few times as I muddle through getting it to work.

Anyone used one of these without the factory Amp? My amp is dead I think so I'm going to need to make some mods.
It has three sets of RCA outputs, so you can forget about the factory amp and run a 5-channel external amp instead. Congrats on the purchase -- I don't think you'll regret it.

Mine is on the way probably maybe? Also looking forward to tinkering and pioneering this crap. @Ell Ex sold me on it with Google Earth

Any possibilities a version will be produced for the older 1998-2002 models?????

Any possibilities a version will be produced for the older 1998-2002 models?????
This one says it's for 1999-2002, but it doesn't mention being compatible with 1998. Not sure if there's any difference between 1998 and '99, or if they just accidentally left it out.

That links looks like the non climate control nav version. My 02 has the integrated climate. You think it'll still work? I can't find contact info for the vendor on AliExpress to confirm.

That links looks like the non climate control nav version. My 02 has the integrated climate. You think it'll still work? I can't find contact info for the vendor on AliExpress to confirm.
The photos show the A/C controls on the screen and the ad says it has "Perfect support Air conditioning information," which isn't exactly English, but seems to imply that it'll control your HVAC perfectly. And what could be better than perfect?

My assumption is that this is the unit that works for your truck, but you can send a picture of your dash to the seller and they should be able to confirm whether or not it's the right one.

The photos show the A/C controls on the screen and the ad says it has "Perfect support Air conditioning information," which isn't exactly English, but seems to imply that it'll control your HVAC perfectly. And what could be better than perfect?

My assumption is that this is the unit that works for your truck, but you can send a picture of your dash to the seller and they should be able to confirm whether or not it's the right one.

Ah, I found their contact info. It wasn't showing up on my phone. I'll reach out and see what they say. A perfect systems sounds acceptable - I try not to be too picky.

Ah, I found their contact info. It wasn't showing up on my phone. I'll reach out and see what they say. A perfect systems sounds acceptable - I try not to be too picky.
There's a more active conversation around these units in a dedicated thread. You may find good info there as well.

There's a more active conversation around these units in a dedicated thread. You may find good info there as well.

The vendor replied saying that it will not fit because of the buttons on top of the screen.

Hey everyone, I'm looking at doing the upgrade to an '06 LX470. Here is what I've found, the price looks great and it's Android 9
View attachment 2386665
here is the link, don't forget to add the code. If there are a few of us, maybe we can get a group deal? They have a Whatsapp

Does anyone have experience with Phoenix Automotive, and with this unit in particular? I've tried doing one of these changes before and it was a disaster, they sent the wrong part and I've been trying to get it resolved for about 6 months (I'm looking for a refund now), I'm hoping to do it right this time around.

Hey everyone, I'm looking at doing the upgrade to an '06 LX470. Here is what I've found, the price looks great and it's Android 9
View attachment 2386665
here is the link, don't forget to add the code. If there are a few of us, maybe we can get a group deal? They have a Whatsapp

Does anyone have experience with Phoenix Automotive, and with this unit in particular? I've tried doing one of these changes before and it was a disaster, they sent the wrong part and I've been trying to get it resolved for about 6 months (I'm looking for a refund now), I'm hoping to do it right this time around.
I know that some on the gxor facebook group have had good luck with phoenix automotive. If I had the money I would give it a try myself

View attachment 2386665

I just purchased one through Phoenix. Got a great price, and it was to my door in about a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom