TEQFab 60 series replacement panels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys,

Wanted to start an "official" thread on a project ive been working on for a a while.

Like most 60's the rear panels are falling apart due to age, mine was no exception.

I wanted to replace them with something more functional for an upcoming week long camping trip we have planned out west this month.

I really wanted to have the ability to charge my cell phone, run a few lights and power my fridge so came up with this idea.

They are cut on a CNC machine from 1/4" furniture grade ply (not the big box store stuff - better quality). I cut in a door on the rear passenger side that holds a fuse block and gets power from my second battery. From there power is sent to 2xUSB ports, 1 x Cig lighter, 1 x Anderson plug and a voltmeter readout so I can monitor the state of the battery. I also added my fridge to the fuse block as well as some rear hatch LED lights.
The door is held closed with magnets and utilizes a paracord pull tab (basically nothing to fail!)

I know there are some great options out there such as trail tailor and wagon gear but I wanted the ability to customize it to my needs, and started thinking about offering a group buy on here if there is enough interest.

I could make these out of PVC, or metal or whatever but went with wood for a few reasons:

1) Customize - anyone with basic tools can add speakers, doors, USB ports, hooks, cargo rails etc ... the list is endless
2) Color - You can paint it, stain it, cover it, or just leave it raw its up to you!
3) Price - significantly cheaper than metal or plastic

If I did offer a group buy would you guys want a door added like I have in these pics or no door? I Can do either.

The added accessories is just something ive done for my needs, the group buy would be for the raw panels and hardware

Let me know your thoughts either way! 🍻

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

PHOTO-2021-07-07-17-23-08.jpg

PHOTO-2021-07-07-17-23-08 2.jpg

PHOTO-2021-07-07-17-23-08 3.jpg

Last edited:
This looks like a really nice execution, well done. I’d be up for a set, with door. Would the electrics be included?

cheers, James

This looks like a really nice execution, well done. I’d be up for a set, with door. Would the electrics be included?

cheers, James
Hi James

Thanks for the kind words!

All the electrics is just something I did for my needs, but it gives the end user an idea how versatile these panels can be.

The group buy would include:

2 x panels
Stainless steel bolts and any other misc hardware (hinge, pull cord, magnets etc if we go the door route)

Dan

Currently building a set for a good buddy of mine @Tennessee80 for testing

He wanted basically the same thing. This one has a slightly different electrical setup but the concept is the same (just another example)

14381646-1E3E-4645-A324-CDE1B8579169.jpeg

Awesome Dan, do you have a price in mind? Feel free to PM me if you’re not ready to go public. Any chance you could do a panel for the rear tail gate too?

Cheers, James

Awesome Dan, do you have a price in mind? Feel free to PM me if you’re not ready to go public. Any chance you could do a panel for the rear tail gate too?

Cheers, James
It all depends on the amount of people interested really, and I haven't even delved into the shipping realm just yet.

I think I can get them down to $250-$300 for the set which is way below anything currently offered on the market.

I could do a rear tail gate storage, but I don't think 1/4" ply would stand up to the task. Huracan fabrication do an amazing deal on theirs. I honestly don't know how they can offer it so cheap. I have one on my 60 and its been great

F1FEB15A-C12F-4954-9011-BB50FDBBD038.jpeg

It all depends on the amount of people interested really, and I haven't even delved into the shipping realm just yet.

I think I can get them down to $250-$300 for the set which is way below anything currently offered on the market.

I could do a rear tail gate storage, but I don't think 1/4" ply would stand up to the task. Huracan fabrication do an amazing deal on theirs. I honestly don't know how they can offer it so cheap. I have one on my 60 and its been great

View attachment 2729559
Sounds good, I can go either way on the door. As far as the rear deck goes, I was just thinking a plywood panel to replace the current carpet would be nice and would match the side panels. Keep me posted as you make progress with a group buy.
cheers, James

Currently building a set for a good buddy of mine @Tennessee80 for testing

He wanted basically the same thing. This one has a slightly different electrical setup but the concept is the same (just another example)

View attachment 2729534

I'm stoked to be one of the first beta testers for the TEQ Fab panels! I have always liked the wood grain look in conjunction with the 60 series style, and once Dan had these in design mode, I knew a set would fit Roscoe perfectly. Dan is a wizard with electrical, and the panel with the cattle branded emblem really sets the stage!

We are about to embark on a 9 day expedition out west from Nashville, and these panels will come in handy!

I'm stoked to be one of the first beta testers for the TEQ Fab panels! I have always liked the wood grain look in conjunction with the 60 series style, and once Dan had these in design mode, I knew a set would fit Roscoe perfectly. Dan is a wizard with electrical, and the panel with the cattle branded emblem really sets the stage!

We are about to embark on a 9 day expedition out west from Nashville, and these panels will come in handy!
Lucky!!!! I want some, been wanting to do this exact thing and saved my s***ty panels so I could but damn why do I have to now when it’s already been done

@ukaviator sign me up for a set with doors!

I'd take a set with doors and a LED monitor and an expresso maker...

Kidding

w/ Doors only and I'm in. The darker stain ones look awesome. Are Cruiser termites a thing?

What size cable you running to the back?

Cheers.

I'd take a set with doors and a LED monitor and an expresso maker...

Kidding

w/ Doors only and I'm in. The darker stain ones look awesome. Are Cruiser termites a thing?

What size cable you running to the back?

Cheers.
LOL ... espresso maker - dang why didn't I think of that!

They will come raw wood with the burned in "TEQFAB" logo, door on the passenger side and solid on the drivers side. I can give you the names of the stain I used.

Im using 10 gauge.

Just finished putting a set in Joel's @Tennessee80 FJ62.

Had to trim the front as he has rear seatbelts (another advantage to making these out of wood!), but other than that everything lined up really well

He went with basically the same set up as me. We went with a darker stain and a slightly different electrical panel. 1 x cig, 2 x USB ports, and a voltmeter readout

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

One more

899cac58-eeb0-4e21-bc69-cba0903379a2.JPG

The photos don’t do the panels justice!

Having the aux panel with its own fuse block is the bomb. I can monitor my dual battery on the display, which is awesome.

Go TEQ Fab!

The panels in both my trucks are fine, but if I were buying I would like to see flush mount screws or some other type push and lock flush mounting hardware. Those big ole headed screws pop out in the picture. Maybe not in person.

or maybe a trim piece to cover the screws?

The panels in both my trucks are fine, but if I were buying I would like to see flush mount screws or some other type push and lock flush mounting hardware. Those big ole headed screws pop out in the picture. Maybe not in person.

or maybe a trim piece to cover the screws?
Yeah I wanted to run flat head counter sink screws in stainless but couldn’t find any in time for our trip so went with these for the time being. They match the tail gate cover but that’s definitely a future upgrade 👍🏻

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom