Tencha HJ-60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well I was running 1 1/4" bore MC but was too much to my taste .. pedal travel was just to short ( take in mind my caliper / disc setup ) to today I will put 1" bore and see how that goes .. will report back on monday .. if that din't end the way I like will do the final step which is 1 1/8" bore ..

Never manage to do the chevy stuff in the rear .. ( not yet ) .. just flipped stock OME ..

it is fun ... what is no fun at all it's what come after .. cleaning process .. it's ... well like Woody said .. IH8MUD !

What a sweet thing I have as late Christmas gift for my lovely Tencha

Thanks Carl this is a real solid alum cover..

Sent from my big phone using IH8MUD
ForumRunner_20130115_180234.jpg

Cool! Ive been thinking about getting one of those.

robustbambi said:

Won't work on Land Cruiser axles, seems to be for a domestic axle...

I would report back when installed .. and honestly my first though when see the price was " pricey " but dude .. gotta admit .. having it in my hands must tell it worth every penny ..

Won't work on Land Cruiser axles, seems to be for a domestic axle...

https://forum.ih8mud.com/jts-parts-...treme-diff-covers-semi-float-landcruiser.html

I would report back when installed .. and honestly my first though when see the price was " pricey " but dude .. gotta admit .. having it in my hands must tell it worth every penny ..

Yeah it looks beefy as HELL. i may get one for my locker install, just so i can look at something new and shiny and pretty...

Nice David. I like that it has an upper fill and a check hole too. Hopefully you won't have too much run out at the check hole when filling. I figure they thought about that already and designed accordingly.

J

Despite my pinion angle and trying to keep pinion bearings well hydrated I need to be quite precise at my oil level .. or I'll have a mess coming out of your pinion splines .. I believe Mr. T never though in some dumb guy over filling the rear 3rd :D

Installed one :banana: job the kinda pita ( time consuming) pull all studs.. Did kinda mess I did.. ;)

ForumRunner_20130129_122844.jpg

Installed one :banana: job the kinda pita ( time consuming) pull all studs.. Did kinda mess I did.. ;)

:cool:

Well I was running 1 1/4" bore MC but was too much to my taste .. pedal travel was just to short ( take in mind my caliper / disc setup ) to today I will put 1" bore and see how that goes .. will report back on monday .. if that din't end the way I like will do the final step which is 1 1/8" bore ..

Never manage to do the chevy stuff in the rear .. ( not yet ) .. just flipped stock OME ..

hola pana!!! tanto tiempo mira donde te vengo a pillar...

cuentame porfa como te quedaron los frenos??
que bomba MC usas al final??

ya compre el HB a elliot pero estoy con duda que master cylinder comprar.

salu2 desde chile.

Tencha was been sitting in my garage for a while .. ( something like 7 months )

After my last mud trip and when " cleaning "

20121018_174001.jpg

I conclude was time to do the right way .. so I pull condensator and radiator, justo to discover both were suffering mud and age consequences .. piece of cake I thought, new rad and I will be back on in less than a month ..

Then Johnny was so happy with he's electric fan setup and that was an old target .. well let's do this.

Along with that came my first boy in the middle, new light wiring, and lot's of others while I'm here ..

I forgot to take a pic when was outside .. but nothing new to see really ..

main.php

this connector is giving me hard time .. so I guess I need to order new one and just replace this one .. ( so bad to find that after is already on )

main.php

this was a little long challenge I just refuse to use something that wasn't meant to be there, and gotta say it wouldn't be possible ( and a lot more ) without this forum and fellow muders that help me like a close friend .. thanks guys !

main.php

We all ya know this disease .. I gotta tell .. this is bad .. while I was there .. my old IC looks bad .. well this is how that ends ..

main.php

Wife walk out at the garage .. she saw it laying in the floor when I was taking this pic .. she said, but you haven't a similar thing in top if the engine before ?

I said yes .. but that was a small one .. and ugly one ..

She said .. " and you wonder why I had to pic several shoes before decide for one .. " :lol:

main.php

since I was doing the electric fan swap .. well while I was there .. add a Koso temp gauge ..

main.php

That came along with new hoses, clamps, belts, battery trays, and bunch of other misc stuff .. all Toyota ..

main.php

yeah .. that PS return hose had to be moved or secured away from belts ..

main.php

A lot of new wiring came with this too .. lights, switches, CB antenna cable, CB, antenna and more of while you are there ..

main.php

Well it took me months .. I mi mind to do it the right way .. yesterday I start her and that was like time never pass ..

took me a while to set the right temp .. ( hate where is the temp screw in the flex a lite fan controller plus is too soft .. I mean you can't feel / tell if you make an adjustment or not ) let it set to kick in ( 60% ) at 176°F ..

No further testing was done yet since I have to finish the AC condenser part .. that all I have now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom