Temp, PSI question on a 3B (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

David*BJ70

Looking forward to reach the end of the world
Threads
I just finish the instalation of a water and oil pressur mech. gage on my 3B.

What is the running normal Temp :

What is the normal PSI : 6-8 at idle... but at 3000pm ? FMS show 36-85psi. Is it what you get ?

Thank ;)

well, on the 3b in my 40, when I start it cold the oil pressure shoots up to 70ish, then backs down to 25 or so when warm, and when it's really warm it generally idles at around 20 or so.

driving its usually in the 40's and 50's.

the one in my 70 seems to be about the same, tho I can't comment on driving yet...( sooooon )

cheers,
ryan

you should be a 190 - 195 on your temp gauge after it stabilizes and oil press at 2400 rpm , when it is all warmed up to normal temp , could vary depending on you engine condition . My 3b is at 50-55 psi at 2500 rpm , at idle it is 15 psi @ 800rpm.
Oil pressure will vary with outside temp...in summer it will be lower in winter it will be higher .

Daryl

It is noted

Thank you all :)

The factory Toyota manaul for my 2H engine ( very similar engines ) claims for 62 PSI at 2000 rpm with normal operative temp.

I would stop at 210-220

Daryl

I would recomend check the real temp by one Pyrometer .. I thought when yor factory temp gauge go in to red zone, maybe you have more than 1250 ºF in your EGT ..

actually, after extensive testing i have found that the pyro can read 900F and the water temp go into the red and i have seen the pyro running at 1400F and the water temp not move...
cheers

crushers said:
actually, after extensive testing i have found that the pyro can read 900F and the water temp go into the red and i have seen the pyro running at 1400F and the water temp not move...
cheers

It means no direct relation with EGT and water temp .. ?

not that i have found, i was confused at first but over the years this is what i have experienced.
cheers

fjbj40 said:
you should be a 190 - 195 on your temp gauge after it stabilizes and oil press at 2400 rpm , when it is all warmed up to normal temp , could vary depending on you engine condition . My 3b is at 50-55 psi at 2500 rpm , at idle it is 15 psi @ 800rpm.
Oil pressure will vary with outside temp...in summer it will be lower in winter it will be higher .

Daryl

The temp will be as stated if you have the higher thermostat installed (or normal for most places that is 88C) if you have the 82c installed you can nock 5 or 10 off the temp putting it at 180f - 185f.

Cheers,

Michael

crushers said:
cheers

I agree with wayne, I have done extensive testing on this as well and there is really no corrolation between the EGT and the Water Temp. You can reley on both being up there if you push the engine way to hard that is the only time I have seen them corrolate.

Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom