TD04H-13C turbo in a B series? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
  1. Hi everyone. I just rebuilded my stock B engine and was wondering about installa turbo to add some extra power to my rig. I already purchased a new intercooler from a Volvo 740 and an oil cooler from Ford truck (F250 I think) in order to keep temp low possible.same guy who sold me the intercooler is offering an used TD04H-13C for $100. My question: is this turbo a good choice ( I mean size, design flaws , boost,etc) for this project? I dont plan to boost beyond 9 PSI .
    If this turbo is not suitable for my requirements, theres any other turbo that can accomplish my goal?
    Note: Where I live European used parts are cheaper than japanese so your recommendations should consider this.

Thanks in advance

Today at 3:02 PM

2. FF LC FREAK
    Your best bet is to post this question in the diesel section here on Mud. People like Dougal or Gerg who can map out the turbo characteristics and whether or not it will work for a B engine tend to stick to the Diesel section.

Good luck! Make sure you post pics of the build!

:cheers:

Today at 9:44 PM

(You must log in or sign up to reply here.)

Forums>40- & 55-Series Tech>

There are tons of turbos that will accomplish your goals, but It will work very well for you.

Hi Gerg. I paused my turbo project for a while but still want to turbo my rig. Some racers ,who are more familiar with gasser than diesel , says the TD04H-13C is too small for a 3 liter engine...I think this guys haven't consider the low speed this engines revs. Since the turbo is originally fitted to a Volvo gasser 2.4 litre engine, I thought the low revolutions reached by my ''B'' engine could compensate the displacement difference between the gasser and my diesel. My assumption is correct? Do you have any experience with this specific turbo? All your advice and recommendations are welcome

The 13c isn't a great compressor for really high boost but last I mapped it worked well up to 12lbs at 3000rpm. Why not get the td04hl 13t. It's also a common Volvo turbo with same everything but a much improved compressor.

Td04l-13t on a3b goes very well no lag and pushes 20psi with ease fuel pump maxed out never goes over 620deg celcius

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom