Tandem Offroad 2nd Gen Sequoia Sliders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mexellent

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Hello All!

My name is Alex Moreno and I am one of the owners of Tandem Offroad. We are a small shop located in Haltom City, Texas. I had a customer with a Sequoia who SWORE you guys wanted sliders. I drew up some weld on ones for him and I figured since the design is already done I might as well see if there is any interest. I made them as beefy as I possibly could. The spine tube and the stand tubes are made of 3/16" Square Tube steel. The round tube is 1.5" dia. The plates are 3/16" and are shaped like a triangle so that a welder can easily weld the entire perimeter of the plate.

Pricing:
Base configuration (no plates) - $750
SP configuration (Mid Plate and back Plate) - $800
FP configuration (Fully Plated) - $900

ISO.PNG

Sequoia Base.PNG

Sequoia Tandem.PNG

Sequoia Plated.PNG

Last edited:
Well, as one of the members here who has sliders on my Tundra Crewmax (so AFAIK a Sequoia slider too - ?????) - your customer was right.

I know for sure 1 other member who did the Slee sliders too - and the IRS of the Sequoia is really pretty cool, and that’s coming from a FZJ80 owner. The G2’s with a 5.7 I could see buying unless a ‘13+ 200 came up for a crazy deal.

Back on topic -

I see the point of all 3 of the sliders you designed the tube & step plates for, but I bet the #2 & #3 would sell best as alot of us use plates in the rear doors/wings for the dogs to get in/out of lifted ‘Yotas.

And plates help so you don’t lose a foot when wet on pure tube.

So the plate in the wing especially would be a help, and for those who like “step sliders” (Slee / Devolro is a step shape) - having the tread plate from the front to the 2nd support arm would be functionally worthwhile esp when you have wet or icey ground or rig so you don’t ‘eat it’ & slip off the slider.

My dog has “grip tape” on the tube near his door, otherwise he’d slip & go nose-to-dirt every time he exits. He’s not smart, but the tube is slick when wet.

Just my opinion based on use / lifted ‘Yotas.

I see the point of all 3 of the sliders you designed the tube & step plates for, but I bet the #2 & #3 would sell best as alot of us use plates in the rear doors/wings for the dogs to get in/out of lifted ‘Yotas.

And plates help so you don’t lose a foot when wet on pure tube.

So the plate in the wing especially would be a help, and for those who like “step sliders” (Slee / Devolro is a step shape) - having the tread plate from the front to the 2nd support arm would be functionally worthwhile esp when you have wet or icey ground or rig so you don’t ‘eat it’ & slip off the slider.

My dog has “grip tape” on the tube near his door, otherwise he’d slip & go nose-to-dirt every time he exits. He’s not smart, but the tube is slick when wet.

Just my opinion based on use / lifted ‘Yotas.

Thats awesome input! Adding the grip tape should be a relatively easy endeavor for sure. Keep 'em coming!

Have you considered added sleeves for the frame and scab plates? I haven’t looked at mine closely, but I’d probably want to make them bolt on.

I was under the Sequoia for quite a while trying to find a way to make the sliders bolt on but I could not find a solution that I felt comfortable with given the heft of the vehicle. When I get a chance I will revisit the possibility of making a bolt on option. The bottom of the Sequoia is surprisingly tightly packed!

Great job on the design. Price isn't bad either.

The way my wife drives our Sequoia by braille, I'm getting close to converting it to trail duty.

I'd be interested to see some mocked up on the vehicle. I'll sub to this thread for future updates. Start making front and rear bumpers too! (hint hint :))

These look nice... Need some sliders in the future for my build... Will consider

sign me up! fully plated please!

these are slick!

Powder coated? Shipping to 93908? Weld time and install difficulty (knowing any shop I might use will be totally unfamiliar with sequoias and sliders)? I am in the market, before wife forces new Oem running boards. These look good!

sign me up! fully plated please!

these are slick!

They're ready to go if you're interested! We can do fully plated. I'll shoot you a PM here in a bit!

Powder coated? Shipping to 93908? Weld time and install difficulty (knowing any shop I might use will be totally unfamiliar with sequoias and sliders)? I am in the market, before wife forces new Oem running boards. These look good!

We can do powdercoated if you wish! I'll send you a PM with a price. Weld time is approximately 1-2 hours. The Sequoia frame is relatively straight and free of any obstructions so the shop will have to grind off the factory paint, in the sections where the stand tubes will be welded. We actually went out of our way to design a plate that is ideal for the welders to weld on. Its shaped like a triangle which allows the welder to weld the bottom easily then reach both sides of the weld plates so the plates can be completely welded.

Thanks Mexellent. Do you have any more photos of the install--welds, alignment/position? Are they designed to sit flat or angled up? And, have you put the weight of the Sequoia on them (using a jack or otherwise)? Look forward to the powder coat price quote PM, and any other finishing options. Thanks again!

These look great! My only concern is the width of the step. I've read that the factory step is narrow and can be difficult to step on and potentially bang your foot into the panel. Would that be a concern with these bars? Any news on the step holding up the weight of the vehicle?

This is awesome, I have a 2014 sequoia that is starting to get converted to tow rig/offroad duty. I am interested in a set, did you ever make these into a finished product?If so, any chance you can PM me a price for the option 2 above with black powder coating and shipping to 92870?

Thanks for coming out with products for the sequoia, the market is thin, and I for one, sincerely appreciate the time to develop these.

Alex, are you still building these?

@mexellent -- I am interested in a pair of these sliders.... Few questions:

Has anyone tested the weight of the vehicle on these yet? You put a forklift to the side of the sequoia and lift it to see how they hold? The other guy has had those for a year now has he given you any feedback or reviews since then of them being put to use?
Did you ever figure out a bolt on application? (If not how much would you charge to weld them up?)

@mexellent these are great - any idea how they compare to original running boards in how far they come out. As another poster mentioned, the original running boards feel thin. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom