Tandem Off-Road Introduction (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

+1 on 100 series sliders (LX with AHC.) Do y’all have an estimated timeline? I’m ready to buy now but willing to wait a few months if that’s all y’all need. I really like the ones you have for the FJ.

3rd on the FJ80 sliders.

Also, really like those wheels!

Howdy y'all!

My name is Alex Moreno and my brother and I own and operate Tandem Offroad! We are a shop located in the Fort Worth, TX area and we specialize specifically in Toyota and Lexus 4x4's only. In addition, we have expanded into fabrication as well as wheels.

A little bit of background:

View attachment 1905140

My brother Pablo graduated from Lincoln Tech and became an ASE certified technician 15 years ago. Around 2010 he decided to go rogue and start his own business. He dabbled in some drift and SCCA work before finally settling into general repair and maintenance where he gained a reputation for performing great work.

View attachment 1905141

I consider the start of my career when I joined the Formula SAE team at the University of Texas in Arlington. I was on the team for 4 years where I gained experience in fabrication and design. We did a lot of work with composites which allowed me to get an internship with one of our sponsors which shoehorned me into the aerospace industry. I eventually ended up at Bell Helicopter where I worked as a cost estimator. I got my MBA shortly after and got the itch to start a business. However, instead of starting from scratch I decided to join forces with Pablo as we are both avid automotive enthusiasts.

View attachment 1905142

While Pablo was doing general repair and maintenance we gained some customers who loved their Toyota 4x4's. We in turn fell in love with them and in 2015 decided that we would focus specifically in this niche. The photo of the truck above is Keith Millers awesome little Tacoma and this thing is the reason we decided to do what we do.

View attachment 1905144

View attachment 1905150

On the service side our strategy has been to get the best tech's we can get our hands on, get the best tools we can get our hands on, and acquire as much knowledge as possible within a narrow field in order to serve our customers in the best way possible. This includes our Hunter Hawkeye Elite alignment machine as well as any other tools our tech's need to get the job done right the first time.
Looks like my garage. LOL

Hey guys!!!

Thanks for all the support.

The shop has been overloaded with some pretty intense projects recently so we have not been able to pull ourselves away to work on the sliders but we have not forgotten about them! We are working on a different concept that is a little crazy but I think it will be worth it with all the features it will include.

In other good news, we have received our second shipment of wheels so we have all colors in stock! We want to release a model to fit the 5 lug heavy Toyotas. It's in the works! Once we get to order the next batch you can rest assured that we will have some for the 5 lug toyota's.

Welcome and congrats! Looks like you guys have a lot of vouches already. Those wheels are killers BTW!

Currently we only offer the 612 in the six lug configuration, however, we would like to release a wheel to cover the 5 lug Toyota's before the end of the year.
@mexellent i know it’s been a minute. Will Tandem be releasing a 5x150 17x8.5 +25 ever? If so, “take my 💰!” 😁

Dude!! I know it's been said before, but Tandem Off-Road is LEGIT! They've done a bunch of work on my 80 over the past few months in between road trips and Alex, Pablo and the crew have been phenomenal and I've always had a great experience with them. Their communication is top-notch, the work is incredible, they always show and explain the value of what your dropping your coin on and don't mind shooting the s*** and making you feel comfortable. And as you can see, the 612's look fantastic on the 80s!
LC817.jpg

Just bought a sequoia- largely influenced by the Tandem guys. Thank you?

Tandem did an EMU lift and some suspension work on my GX470 a minute ago, and their work has held up well. Very pleased. Looking forward to some sliders next. I'm now located in The Colony and glad to see my fellow Texans doing so well.

Hey guys!!!

Thanks for all the support.

The shop has been overloaded with some pretty intense projects recently so we have not been able to pull ourselves away to work on the sliders but we have not forgotten about them! We are working on a different concept that is a little crazy but I think it will be worth it with all the features it will include.
Any update on sliders? I checked the site and nothing. I need sliders for my 94 80 and would love if this design actually came to life. And you guys are only 3 hours away.

The real money is in new model Tacoma, Tundra, Sequoia, and even GX stuff. The buyers for those trucks will spend 70-100k on the truck and then drop another 30k in farkles and roll it all into a loan. I can see why Tandem and shops like them are focused on those products. They will sell 100 sliders for a 24 Sequoia for every 1 for an 80. Most shops that deal with 80s or older Yotas in general, only do the "modular" stuff (lifts, or other folks parts, ARB, Slee, Dob, or DVS) or outright custom work, which I know Tandem does pretty well. The engineering and liability behind bringing a new part to market for a 30-year-old vehicle (that is likely on its fourth or fifth owner by now) really rarely justifies the R&D cost.

An unfortunate reality of the market.

Check their website for inventory. I've got the Tandem wheels on my 80 Series and love them!

Neither are shown on their website. Just put my comment out there so they knew there was interest. Let me know if you want to sell those wheels!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom