Builds Tampa Cruiser's GX Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

tampacruiser95

Upgrades are coming.
Threads
I just sold my 200 series and bought a 2016 Base GX460. I heavily modified my 200 but going with a much milder build on this platform. Things I've ordered so far are:

- Dobinson IMS lift, 2" front and 1.5" rear, comfort springs
- Bora wheel spacers for a little wider stance
- Seat covers
- Fumoto oil valve
- Powder coated the stock wheels satin black

Planning Nitto Ridge Grapplers 265/70/18 but I want to see it lifted first. And likely Slee step sliders because I've been happy with those in the past. This is my 6th Toyota or Lexus, so excited to get my hands on this one and jump in.

Once it's in my driveway I will add pictures!

I just sold my 200 series and bought a 2016 Base GX460. I heavily modified my 200 but going with a much milder build on this platform. Things I've ordered so far are:

- Dobinson IMS lift, 2" front and 1.5" rear, comfort springs
- Bora wheel spacers for a little wider stance
- Seat covers
- Fumoto oil valve
- Powder coated the stock wheels satin black

Planning Nitto Ridge Grapplers 265/70/18 but I want to see it lifted first. And likely Slee step sliders because I've been happy with those in the past. This is my 6th Toyota or Lexus, so excited to get my hands on this one and jump in.

Once it's in my driveway I will add pictures!
Welcome to the GX forum! :cheers:

Welcome to the GX club! Have to ask, since a 200 Heritage Edition is probably the first SUV I would buy if I won the lottery, why the change from LC to GX?
So for me it was about freeing up cash flow and eventually getting a side business going. If I could buy any brand new vehicle it would still be a Land Cruiser but that's not where I am financially. I also overbuilt the cruiser for my CURRENT needs. It's an awesome truck and I will go back someday but not right now. The GX is essentially a baby cruiser, but is also just really nice and fits what I need right now.

Truck delivered today! Super clean and powder coated wheels came out great!
PXL_20220503_164119431.jpg

Looks really sharp, any further plans?
Trying to find a shop to install my dobinson's lift and larger tires. Toyota already declined as soon as I said "Lexus".

Trying to find a shop to install my dobinson's lift and larger tires. Toyota already declined as soon as I said "Lexus".
4 Wheel parts are usually pretty reliable for off road mods and there's 3 locations in Ohio!

Reactions: r2m
Truck looks great! I had my suspension, tires, and wheels done at my local Four wheel parts and they were great. Yes you pay in labor but my truck cam out great, aligned perfectly. No complaints.

I installed the pedal commander and seat covers this morning. Appointment for 23 May to get my lift and new tires installed!

Reactions: r2m
I installed the pedal commander and seat covers this morning. Appointment for 23 May to get my lift and new tires installed!
Show us how the seat covers came out and what you purchased. 👍

Show us how the seat covers came out and what you purchased. 👍
PXL_20220514_170424227.jpg
PXL_20220514_170407142.jpg

Cheap but effective. Need to tighten the straps on the rear bottom cushion.

Also took pre-lift measurements - 19 7/8 front from hub to fender. And 21 1/2 rear from hub to fender.
PXL_20220514_164157506.jpg
PXL_20220514_164209804.jpg

Post-lift pictures, no body mount chop required but lots of trimming. Love the results - 2.25 lift up front, 2 inches in the rear. Sitting pretty level too.
PXL_20220523_214015862.jpg
PXL_20220523_214040556.jpg

Who did you end up using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom