Tailgate Storage lids 60, 80 and 100 series (60 quarter panels) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Feel free to get picky with our doors. We will have to show them to everybody. Can't wait to shock onlookers when I pull golf clubs or something, anything out of the tailgate. Or.....:beer:a cold frosty one out of the tailgate cooler.......hmmmm

Misc components starting to arrive. 500 black oxide hinges yesterday. Looks like everything else will be here this week. Now just to approve the final scans and get the lids cut and welded.

J

IMG_20160912_135955716.jpg

ALL,

I got the door revisions back this afternoon. I said I was being picky about a few details on these.

One thing I requested was that hinge be in the center of the door opening and that required the door and the frame to be notched equally. The second item was I wanted the door opening to frame distance at .080" around the perimeter.

This will:

A) look better than just cutting and shoving the door to the top or bottom

B) allow those that want to go with a thicker coating to be able to do so and their doors can close without damaging the coating. But still look good with a thinner coating.

Thanks guys,

Jason

Lid Revision.png

I know it would be very challenging, but, would you ever consider making quarter panels for the 80 series?

A few know this. They are on the R7D list. Not sure when I will get to them. I have about 12 other products ahead of them.

J
I'd be into your quarter panels if you ever get around to them

Put me down for a set right now. What's R7D mean?

I am having a hard time visualizing the final product and the amount of extra storage that one would gain. Is it using the inside of the tailgate for the storage?

Nice. Great idea. I will subscribe. I want to see some mounted before I make a decision.

That looks great. How much space does it give you in inches? Depth I guess. Is it pop riveted to the tailgate?

That looks great. How much space does it give you in inches? Depth I guess. Is it pop riveted to the tailgate?

Basically look at the tailgate from the side and it will follow the contours in/out exactly. Sq in/ft, I'm not sure. You can put quite a bit of stuff in there.

Its bolted on with stainless button heads as seen in the pic above.

J

I'm thinking about what and were the LED lights need to go to light the interior at night. Ideally switched on upon opening either door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom