Builds Tagged '67 LV build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What a process; hang, adjust gaps, install hardware, adjust again, install rubber trim, adjust, install frames, adjust

5a IMG_8309.jpeg

5b IMG_8323.jpeg

5c IMG_8343.jpeg

5d IMG_8348.jpeg

5e IMG_8344.jpeg

Last edited:
Been a minute since I posted. Had a bit of a lull in activity, but things are picking up now and I'll start getting some photos out soon.

In the meantime wanted to share something I thought was pretty cool. Found some markings on the inside of the cargo panels (markings may not be what they are, looks more like Gifu used a grease pencil, which for 50 years prevented surface rust on that area). Looks like my rig was USA #764!!! Which sounds about right if there were 1,000 imported and mine is a model year '66. Anyone speak Japanese? Would love to know what the symbol means! Shop has taken lots of photos to document location, size, etc. of these marking will full intent to replicate after painting.

Any help translating appreciated!

View attachment 2560210View attachment 2560211
According to my friend Akira Hiramoto it means "right" as in the opposite of left

I think the panel gaps on your LV will be better than the factory produced in the 60s.

On the headliner, I will send you a text on the trim details. Mine is still somewhat intact...enough for you to see how to replicate it.

This is going to be gorgeous when it's done Don.

Once again @xtremeVA has come through with some vital LV information! Thank You!

Because my door bottoms were replaced I wanted some information and measurements regarding where to drill. Given our LVs door bottom are prone to rust I thought others might appreciate this nicely detailed info, so here it is!

Drivers side front

41 - Driver side front drain hole meassurements wide view showing both holes.jpg

42 - Drivers side front drain hole measurements from front of door bottom.jpg

43 - Drivers side front drain hole measurement from back of door bottom.jpg

44 - Drivers side front drain hole details on measurements from back of door bottom.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom