T100 Non-ABS fluid sensor plug (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, when converting to disc brakes a lot of us use the T100 non-ABS master cylinder. We are then tasked with finding a plug to connect to the sensor that is in the side or out of the cap. Because the car runs without one connected a lot of us simply do without the function of the brake warning light that comes on with low master cylinder fluid.

Well recently I decided it was time to find a plug and picked this one up off eBay:

Lexus Plug.jpg

It looked correct and was listed a being used on Lexus. The problem was the rib circled in red. It needed to be trimmed away. The T100 master has two ribs, one on each side of the retention clip shown below, at the top of the plug.

11207 male plug.jpg

I also found that the correct plug is numbered "11207" on the back as in the picture below.

11207 plug back.jpg

If you can't find the correct plug you can make the Lexus plug work. Simply trim off the rib I circled in red in the first picture and it will slide and lock right in. I used a very sharp knife but you can also file it off.

I haven't tackled the wiring yet but my belief is that running a connection from one of the sensor wires off my '73 to one of the plug wires and then running a ground wire to the other should work. If you've already tackled the wiring let me know if this worked and if not what wiring you did that did work.

UPDATED: Be advised there are 4 wire version that look similar but I believe these are for the ABS version master cylinders.

Last edited:
Because the car runs without one connected a lot of us simply do without the function of the brake warning light that comes on with low master cylinder fluid.

Guilty as charged!

Though I am using an FZJ80 non-ABS master; I wonder if the same plug would work for that also?

A quick google search tells me it is Toyota number 90980-11207 and still avaliable at the dealership.

A quick google search tells me it is Toyota number 90980-11207 and still avaliable at the dealership.

I have seen these but I have not seen a listing that says they come with the pins or weather seals which means additional cost. Easier for me to just buy used with leads attached.

Byron:
Were you successful in getting your existing wiring to work with the new connector. I found a 11207 plug with a pigtail on Ebay.
Thanks.

Byron:
Were you successful in getting your existing wiring to work with the new connector. I found a 11207 plug with a pigtail on Ebay.
Thanks.

I'm sad to say my 40 has taken a back seat to other projects so I haven't completed the wiring.

From memory, my '73 had the sensors coming off the bottom of the master cylinder housing and worked off pressure. There was only one wire to the sensor which means the circuit was closed when the sensor triggered and ground was through the housing itself.

The newer master cylinders which detect low fluid level use two wires because the sensor is mounted in the cap or plastic reservoir body. The second wire is needed for ground to close the circuit.

This is why when converting your original wire goes to one wire and you need to ground the second wire.

Thanks. This is exactly the approach that I'm going to try. My guess is that the MC sensor must have a switch of sorts so that when the brake fluid drops low enough the circuit closes and thus the idiot brake light (also the e-brake light) on the dash illuminates. I'm not sure if the circuit closes for the ground or for the hot or if it matters. I guess I can play around with it and see what's up. Electrical wiring is not something that I'm very good at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom