T-Totall saganaw Fn' confused Please Help

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by David Clayton, Jun 27, 2005.

1. David Clayton

David Clayton

Made a junk yard run today I left with nothin but questions :doh: I read OFF-ROAD.COM'S Land Cruiser Tech by Eric Stegall He said he used a steering box off of a 1968 Impalla. But I read some where else that you needed a box that came from a vehicle that had the tie rods behind the box. on the '69 Impalla and the '67 Impalla I found the tiue rods were in front of the box. I looked at a '85 Camaro and a '90 caprice these have the tie rods to the rear and mount to the inside of the frame. Will on of those work? I know some have said to use one from a Jeep But they are rare in junk yards around here. Please list years and models of vehicles with a steering box that would work.

Sorry to sound like a dummy but I need a little Help

Thanks

2. dgangle

dgangle total rice

Any full-size rear-wheel drive domestic car from the 60-80's with the steering box inside the frame rails. GM trucks' boxes look identical except they are mounted outside the frame rail. These will not work. Up to 80 used flare-type fittings, 80 and later the metric o-ring type. These are very, very common in every boneyard I have been to. Go to Advanceadapters.com and order a free catalog.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.