T-slot aluminum vendor in Phoenix/Scottsdale? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I lost a tent platform base leg for my trailer (MOAB Fort XL) a couple weeks ago on the rim road. I might go back to Bivouac to get a a replacement, but id rather make an improved version, and have had a heck of a time trying to get them to call me back. Does anybody know a shop in the area that sell T-slot aluminum? I've bought from 80/20 T-slot Aluminum Building System in the past, but have a Colorado trip coming up and don't have time for their shipping, as everything they sell is cut to order. See pic attached of essentially what i'm trying to re-build. It's a T shape, about 8" x 7", needs to be square tubing, needs to have outer dimension of 1" or slightly less. An L shape would actually be even better as the top part of the T gets in the way of my RTT zipper. I'm open to steel also, needs to be solid as the weight of the tent, rack, and family all rest on these legs. I found some 1" square steel tubing at home depot, but couldn't find any 90 degree corner elbows. I tried steel pipe, but doesn't work because its round and the threads loosen when you put load on it. Any ideas?

IMG_9079.JPG

IMG_9078.JPG

Have you look at Grainger? They have a location in Mesa. Maybe you can give them a call to see if they have any in stock since you can order them on their website.

Also try Outwater plastics. Awesome company and you can get lost in their catalog for days...

Browsing through the Industrial Metal Supply on 48th Street might give you some ideas. They have a good selection of aluminum and probably enough other stuff that you could throw something together quickly if you need to. That said, I don't think they have t-slot.

8020 sells offcuts on their ebay store, but it's kind of pain to search through, and I am not sure how fast they will ship.

Grainger should have stick or two in stock if you are desperate, but they won't generally cut it and sometimes dealing with full sticks is a pita.
Mcmaster will get it to you fast, in length to the nearest inch. but it won't be cheap. McMaster-Carr
Misumi is knockoff and just as good, if you can wait and order the length Find Aluminum Extrusions & Accessories products and many other industrial components | MISUMI USA
Random chunks pop up on clist sometimes too

If you find a chunk and need it cut, I have a horizontal band saw in the garage and will be working from home all week. Come by and we can cut it to length in about 10 minutes... and you can show off your new bumper!

(Or if you have a miter saw with a anything but a nice cabinetry blade, you can cut it with that)

Browsing through the Industrial Metal Supply on 48th Street might give you some ideas. They have a good selection of aluminum and probably enough other stuff that you could throw something together quickly if you need to. That said, I don't think they have t-slot.

8020 sells offcuts on their ebay store, but it's kind of pain to search through, and I am not sure how fast they will ship.
just looked where they are located, i was like 2 blocks from there yesterday morning at Grainger. darn, looks like a cool place. Grainger would have to order everything, and it dint look like they had the exact fitting options. I'll head back down there to check it out

just looked where they are located, i was like 2 blocks from there yesterday morning at Grainger. darn, looks like a cool place. Grainger would have to order everything, and it dint look like they had the exact fitting options. I'll head back down there to check it out
IMS is a cool place, but they don't stock t-slot aluminum. They may have some unistrut, but I don't remember seeing any. They have a good rem's and cutoffs section but they are going to be bars and plates... by the time you put the work into making one of those work, McMaster could have delivered you the length you need. (McMaster is generally next day arrival)

Maybe Metal Supermarket in Phoenix

The trailer guy ended up calling back so for the sake of time I just paid him the $45 to not have to find the feet and corner brackets. In the future when I have more time I might try again. Thanks for all the tips on where to shop

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom