T-case interchangeability (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 69 3spd t-case has a worn output shaft and high-range gear bushing. Will the output shaft from my 74 4spd t-case fit in my 3-spd? Is the shift sleeve the same? Is the shift fork the same? I can't tell from any of my books. Is there a site where I can look up toyota part numbers to cross reference?

I'm getting ready for Moab and time is getting short. I didn't count on things being thrashed in my 3-spd t-case.

Aaaaaahhhhh!!!

I'm thinking that the shift sleeve is different. I have a 3sp case to 4 speed transmission and I had to get the longer shift sleeve (or whatever its called) from a 4 sp case to make the linkage work. Not sure about the output shaft. I think youre running a 465?, so none of this may apply. ???

Pre-5/75 fourspeed t-case mainshafts are the same as three speed units, and all until the split case use the same range selector fork and collar, according to Marvs site...

http://www.sor.com/sor/products2.tam?xax=10572&category.ctx=070-20&page#.ctx=070

IIRC the front drive engagement collar, front shaft, and mainshaft splines change in 5/75, so, if you have all of those parts too, you should be able to put something together and get you going with what you have.

Good luck!

-Steve

[move]THANKS!!!! THANKS!!!! THANKS!!!! THANKS!!!! THANKS!!!! THANKS!!!! THANKS!!!! THANKS[/move]

It looks like it will work. Now I just hope I have the time!

" Now I just hope I have the time! "

Ain't that the truth...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom