System too lean errors P0171 and p0174 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was getting knock sensor code for new knock sensors, I swapped the sensors to see if it was the harness or the actual sensor.

Now getting system too lean on both banks

Any pointers?

Knock sensors don't have any direct relationship to A/F mixtures. It sounds like you have a harness problem, at best, or an ECM problem at worst.

Knock sensors don't have any direct relationship to A/F mixtures. It sounds like you have a harness problem, at best, or an ECM problem at worst.
I am wondering if there is anything I didn’t put together correctly.

Anything to check? I am suspecting vacuum leak or return fuel line.

I'd run a smoke test for vacuum leaks.

I’m finding after my starter was replaced that disturbing the vacuum lines while removing the intake manifold has cracked a few of them. Check anything vacuum you removed to do the knock sensors.

I found this unconnected tube behind the engine compartment. Any pointers where it is supposed be connected?

IMG_0681.jpeg

:bang:

Near the bellhousing, or behind it? There are transmission vents there; I can't remember where they terminate. It may not be that, but that's the first thing that comes to mind. I can look at mine, but it may be a while.

Near the bellhousing, or behind it? There are transmission vents there; I can't remember where they terminate. It may not be that, but that's the first thing that comes to mind. I can look at mine, but it may be a while.
It’s near the bell housing. I imagined it might be transmission vent but it also looks like it was terminated before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom