Switch bulb replacement? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rob Faucett

GOLD Star
Threads
Has anybody ever replaced this bulb from the defrost switch? Not that I can figure out how to get it out . . .

SWITCH_BULB.jpg

Look this one up...I ‘think’ it will work. As I recall this bulb will work...it’s a loose fit...BUT...works. I’ve had mine several years and many miles.

Eiko 8111 miniature.

Last edited:
You can also purchase them separately, or replace with LEDs or replace with LEDs already in that base. Pretty common bulb and holder. Superbrightleds offers as well. Koito/Toyota sells replacement as a complete assembly. Do you want LED or incandescent?

Get the LED. Way brighter.

Yup. Thanks. Do you happen to have a SuperBright part number?

Jkllamps.com. Neo-wedge lamp. I need to replace these as well in multiple items. I have been searching so I am glad to see some other info posted above. I did not order from jkl not knowing if the base size was correct for this application. They do have bulbs as well like John mentioned. Both the set and bulbs were available in led and incandescent.

Hate to be the nay sayer, but LEDs are just too damn bright for interior dash bulbs, IMO. When driving in dark middle of nowhere conditions I find bright dash lights extremely distracting. Even the incandescent blue high beam indicator or the 4WD light are way bright in dark conditions, I’ve put tape over them to tone down the contrast.

Love the low draw and less heat of LED but there doesn’t seem to be a happy medium between old dull incandescent vs. laser beam bright LED.

If there is....please point me in the right direction.

Just ordered some of this:
NEO5-NWHP: NEOx LED Bulb - High Power Instrument Panel LED - 5mm NEO5-xHP Natural White

Will report back.

I'm thinking those 5mm ones are the ticket? I bought the NEO3-NWHP (s) and they are WAY too small. Curious as well if the 5s you bought work? Thanks

Koito/Toyota sells replacement as a complete assembly. Do you want LED or incandescent?

I was able to replace this with new from Toyota FYI. Would agree however LED would be better so interested in what you come up with OP. But the Toyota route was extremely no hassle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom