Suspension suggestions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A rough ride is an understatement, Cruiserkev, do you recall which Bilsteins you used? AussieHJCruza I will take a couple of pics tomorrow. I was wondering if I could remove a spring and which one so as to not compromise (flatten out) the spring pack. I also was wondering if any one has done this and since leaf's are apart, install some type of slim slip sheet between each leaf thus maintaining the approx. overall leaf spring stack height so to use the existing centering bolts. Already have the U bolt reversal with plenty of thread on bolts so would not need to replace them.

A rough ride is an understatement, Cruiserkev, do you recall which Bilsteins you used? AussieHJCruza I will take a couple of pics tomorrow. I was wondering if I could remove a spring and which one so as to not compromise (flatten out) the spring pack. I also was wondering if any one has done this and since leaf's are apart, install some type of slim slip sheet between each leaf thus maintaining the approx. overall leaf spring stack height so to use the existing centering bolts. Already have the U bolt reversal with plenty of thread on bolts so would not need to replace them.
I bought the set from City Racer, the ones for lifted cruisers. Another thing that helped me was to make sure the shackles were not too tight so they pivot easily. I think around 20ft pounds is perfect with the greasable ones. My girlfriend wasn't a fan of riding in the 40 until the Bilsteins were installed, she's loving it now and that is good enough for me. 👍

Bringing up an old thread since I am looking for advice to help soften my ride.
Take the leafs apart and grease them. Maybe pull one leaf less of each pack.
Have slight shim on spring pad for proper angle of drive shafts.
I think the front ones are for getting proper caster angle, not for drive shaft.

Pics please, including some that show the shackle angles.

Easiest way to soften the ride is remove a couple of leaves but you'll also lose some loft height.

I've not yet found a 4" leaf spring that rides well.
AussieHJCruza, Below are a few pics of the front springs, I will send the rear springs in the next thread.

IMG_0663.JPEG

IMG_0665.JPEG

IMG_0669.JPEG

Here are a few pics of the rear springs

IMG_0666.JPEG

IMG_0667.JPEG

IMG_0668.JPEG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom