Suppliers, Manufacturers and Services (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Huber's Lock & Safe has always been my go to for Auto &/or Motorcycle keys. Cut by number or from another Jeff has always delivered.

I just had new keys cut for my '74 Landcruiser door locks. Jeff told me the last key he cut with that blank was in July '99... I think it might have been me. Now for the bad news, when he told me he only had 2 blanks left and wouldn't be reordering... I had 2 keys cut.

In case anyone else needs a single sided pre-75 key cut, the blank is a Dominion Lock Co - TA 2. I seem to recall over the years that there are a couple different blanks. Here are what I've found for comparison...
Key.JPG

The picture would be the shape of the keyhole (not looking at the end of the key). If I were to guess, the alternate I've seen was likely a TA4, but It's been 10 years so I could be wrong.

Does anyone know who does vinyl wrap, like that paint replacement in camo patterns etc?
Is there a local dealer in Nanaimo anyone know about? It’s for the roof tent. Like to get rid
of the ( I saw you three miles ago ) white.

In Nanaimo I’d call the Sign Zone for wraps. I know they did all the wraps for Shaw when they rebranded and turned all their vans blue. I had a long conversation with the owner and was ready to drive up there before we wrapped our car and truck.

He turned us onto Kyle at GraphicFX in Victoria. GraphicFX has taken good care of us.

Vinyl wrap stands up well on vertical surfaces, but on horizontal surfaces it’ll break down from the sun after 5 years or so.

The main brands are Avery and 3M. For preprinted wraps you could also DIY.

Cruiserpilot, I know the owners at Alley cat Signs in Vic. They do wraps now. Not sure if they'd give you any discount because of association, but maybe worth a call.

Thanks for the info. Just thinking it’s the best solution to recolouring the tent. 5 yrs would be okay
since it will take 20 yrs to give it 5 yrs worth of exposure. It’s high up in the attic 8-9 months of the year.

Thanks for the info. Just thinking it’s the best solution to recolouring the tent. 5 yrs would be okay
since it will take 20 yrs to give it 5 yrs worth of exposure. It’s high up in the attic 8-9 months of the year.
How hot does your attic get? If it’s like mine that’ll just about boil water it could potentially soften the wrap glue. Although, being in direct sun will get a surface super hot... but I’d check.

I'd consider something like this & do it myself. I’ve seen them do a lot... and done some myself... it’s not very hard on most surfaces.

Last edited:
How hot does your attic get? If it’s like mine that’ll just about boil water it could potentially soften the wrap glue. Although, being in direct sun will get a surface super hot... but I’d check.
Carport attic. Not that hot. Thanks though. Up high in the garage it gets hot, but it won’t fit there.

This is interesting. Figured it was some kind of boutique business. Seems like everyone is doing
wraps for automotive now
I’ll keep you posted about costs. I just don’t like my tent being white. Maybe match the paint on the truck.

Not a problem there... I’d wrap it myself for a RTT... not like you’re trying to win a prize.

You can buy it online in any colour under the sun... even chrome ;)

Any monkey can do it... the tricky part is if there are complicated curves and dips. Check out their work before committing. I’d not entirely trust a (likely for profit) company promoting businesses... especially ones that primarily do signs, and then throw in vehicle wraps just because.

Not a problem there... I’d wrap it myself for a RTT... not like you’re trying to win a prize.
That’s true. Hadn’t thought of buying it to DIY. I’ll look into that. PeeZed mentioned Alley Cat,
I’ll phone and talk to them. I don’t suspect it’s too difficult, just need to find the correct starting point.
I think I can remove the chrome surround trim on the tent, so finishing the edges
cleanly shouldn’t be too much. Biggest pain will be getting the tent down to where I can work on it.

The top of the tent has some decent curves to it by the design, certainly take that into consideration

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom