Suppliers, Manufacturers and Services (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That could come in handy. I’ve had to break the bead on an inner dually to replace a broken valve stem in a parking lot... and another time in the driveway.
It arrives Monday at my house. Once I get home I'll let you all know how well it works.

It arrives Monday at my house. Once I get home I'll let you all know how well it works.
Thanks... I'll also need to factor in the valve diameter. Besides now that I've changed to different valve extenders I won't need it anymore ;)

I've only had about 4 broken valve stems in four years... they won't break now (knock on wood).

I've even broken one or two when the wheel has flopped over on the ground when moving them arround... damn extensions to reach the inner dually.

The extensions a real pain in the ass. It was even worse, the day we brought it home and there were no extensions, and the service station valve wouldn't reach the stem. We drove it down from Comox on somewhat underinflated tires... which the tire shop later pointed out were P rated.

Last edited:
This is a reasonable price and it's complete set of flip sockets for lug nuts. Stupid that Lee Valley is
the supplier, but I've had a couple of instances doing roadside assistance that maybe this should be in
everyone's truck for the 'just in case' stuff.

Impact Flip Socket Set - Lee Valley Tools

Hi folks,
I just came from the US with my 2003 100series and looking for a solid place to service my LC in Victoria. Looking around the forum, it looks like Marigold is the place to go? Out of curiosity any info on the local dealership and their level of service?

Hi folks,
I just came from the US with my 2003 100series and looking for a solid place to service my LC in Victoria. Looking around the forum, it looks like Marigold is the place to go? Out of curiosity any info on the local dealership and their level of service?

Just visiting or are you moving here? How did you like that crazy storm we just had?

I work on my own vehicles, so don't have much direct experience, but here is what I do know. Marigold does have a reputation for working on the JDM imports we have here. I've helped a number of guys who have not had good luck with Marigold, so I'm not sure that I'd recommend them. My experience with the Toyota dealer ship has been terrible. The won't sell me parts with out a VIN even if I bring them a part number. Also, 20 years ago before I did my own wrenching, I brought them my AE86 Corolla GTS there for a clutch job, they never put oil back in the transmission afterwards and did not take responsibility. Transmission was ruined after a couple days before I figured things out.

So who would I recommend then? Well, there is a shop in town that is so successful they don't even have to advertise. One of our old members works there, and it's under good management. I've only heard good things about them, but again, have not used them myself. simoes-auto The guy who is a cruiser nut that works there is 'Jason'. He has owned a 100 and a 60 series, not sure if he still has them, but he is a great guy and knows his stuff.

Just visiting or are you moving here? How did you like that crazy storm we just had?

I work on my own vehicles, so don't have much direct experience, but here is what I do know. Marigold does have a reputation for working on the JDM imports we have here. I've helped a number of guys who have not had good luck with Marigold, so I'm not sure that I'd recommend them. My experience with the Toyota dealer ship has been terrible. The won't sell me parts with out a VIN even if I bring them a part number. Also, 20 years ago before I did my own wrenching, I brought them my AE86 Corolla GTS there for a clutch job, they never put oil back in the transmission afterwards and did not take responsibility. Transmission was ruined after a couple days before I figured things out.

So who would I recommend then? Well, there is a shop in town that is so successful they don't even have to advertise. One of our old members works there, and it's under good management. I've only heard good things about them, but again, have not used them myself. simoes-auto The guy who is a cruiser nut that works there is 'Jason'. He has owned a 100 and a 60 series, not sure if he still has them, but he is a great guy and knows his stuff.

I’ll be living here for at least 2.5yrs. I came over on the ferry on Monday night that rescued that lucky guy. Pretty windy yesterday too!
It’s an US 100 series LC so I assumed it wouldn’t be too much of a difference up north here. I generally do not go to dealers and would rather support small business. I will check them out, thanks for the recommendation.

I’ll be living here for at least 2.5yrs. I came over on the ferry on Monday night that rescued that lucky guy. Pretty windy yesterday too!
It’s an US 100 series LC so I assumed it wouldn’t be too much of a difference up north here. I generally do not go to dealers and would rather support small business. I will check them out, thanks for the recommendation.

Well, welcome to Victoria! Did you just finish driving across the continent in your 100?

Our club has not been that active the last while, but we usually have monthly meetings as well as a few wheeling events per year. Would be good to meet you.

Welcome to Victoria! I was on that ferry ride that rescued that capsized boat as well.
Like GTS said, see if you can track down Jason, he's a great guy and no doubt will be into giving you a hand with your truck. A lot of great guys in the club, so try and make one of the meetings for a couple beers.
Cheers!

Welcome to Victoria! I was on that ferry ride that rescued that capsized boat as well.
Like GTS said, see if you can track down Jason, he's a great guy and no doubt will be into giving you a hand with your truck. A lot of great guys in the club, so try and make one of the meetings for a couple beers.
Cheers!

Appreciate the welcome and recommendation. I’ll keep an eye out for the meeting announcement and hope to meet some fellow LC guys up here!

I posted this in Tires and Wheels, but its a really good tech read by Cooper. Good cut away of tire,
and it does a good job discussing deflation and effects. Good for first time, new guys looking at off road
tires. On the side panel there is a lot of other interesting articles. Just in case you're sitting waiting for the
clock to strike midnight while beer gets warm.

Read

Had the radiator rebuilt on the BJ74. It was shot. Got it done in Pt Alberni at Sherwood Auto And Radiators. They do good work, this is the second rad they have done for me. I enclosed the invoice. Seems to be regular price for proper copper core

F565A6E0-6D29-4EFA-9717-0C14F118D417.jpeg

Last edited:
Nanaimo Synthetic Oil Sales.
250-937-9162
They either have or will bring in any AMSOIL oil or product that you need. Super helpful with crossing filters and specing oil for odd things.

Looking for a local source for what’s called Mass Loaded Vinyl for sound deadening or sound proofing.
I’ve ordered some from Amazon, and from south of the 49th but was hoping for a smaller piece of 1lb or 2 lb
if I can find it. Stereo shop or studio construction?

I have to post this. I just saw a video. Now I don't endorse this for off road or hard use. But for the RAV4
just in case, for side of the road. OH Yeah! Powerbuilt 2 in 1 floor jack and compressor.

I have to post this. I just saw a video. Now I don't endorse this for off road or hard use. But for the RAV4
just in case, for side of the road. OH Yeah! Powerbuilt 2 in 1 floor jack and compressor.

Great for a wheel barrow... now if only I had one :D

I'm involved with a thread for diesel gauges and someone posted this particular kit.
Very well done, complete information system for a diesel. Worthy of separate post IMO
appropriately named as well.....

Had the radiator rebuilt on the BJ74. It was shot. Got it done in Pt Alberni at Sherwood Auto And Radiators. They do good work, this is the second rad they have done for me. I enclosed the invoice. Seems to be regular price for proper copper core

View attachment 1922578

View attachment 1922607

UPDATE - The original radiator Sherwood rebuilt for my 60 quite literally exploded on the second day of use. Luckily one, for
Evans coolant as it has no pressure so as it poured out through the holes I drove like a madman home. Got it into the shop and a bucket under it with no engine problems. Immediately pulled the radiator and drove back to Pt Alberni with the buggered radiator.
Rick there tested it, realized the issue, and two days later I had a NEW core and completely redone rad. No issues, complete
warranty coverage.

I saw one of these GoFast Campers on a truck a couple of days ago. For you truck guys,
this is cool, cause it’s a unit and can have sides or not. The actual tent looks pretty good quality.
Check out the Freeway Camper, but they have an ELECTRIC operated roof top tent!
I really like the clever jointed interior camping area for the vans and will be looking at something
similar for the Cruiser since it’s designed to be removed quickly and effortlessly when I need the
interior for other things. Anyhow, FYI for you all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom