Suppliers, Manufacturers and Services (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This thread is dedicated to aid members in finding businesses for parts, services ect ect.

If you want to recommend a business where you received good service or that carries useful parts, post it up and I or whoever is currently moderating the page will edit this main post with a list of the businesses and what they have to offer.

Please try to keep the chit chat to a minimum, makes post only related to a business (as a recommendation). It keeps the thread clean and easy for all to use without scrolling through multiple pages.

Brians Auto Electric (Great Service, helpful, affordable, knowlegeable)
-Starter Rebuild
-Winch Servicing
-Alternator Rebuild
-Brushes for heater fan motors

Coast Industrial (fast service, knowlegeable, helpful)
-Custom hoses
-Silicone hose (turbo setups)
-Obscure fittings

Western Equipment
-Bearings

Wilson & proctor
-Injection pump parts gaskets/tuning
-Injector parts/rebuilding

Trotac Marine
-Aftermarket Wiper/fan/ignition switches
-Stainless latches and knobs
-Stainless flexible exhaust pipe
-Stainless high pressure hose clamps(for turbo)
-Battery isolation switches
-Cut to length high quality straight hoses

Island torque converters and driveshafts.

Just awesome, helpful, knowlegeable
Ujoints
driveshaft repair
custom driveshafts
lengthen/shorten shafts
balance shafts

Alpine heavy truck and equipment repair.
Radiator and fuel tank repair

Lordco burnside (specifically)
Brake parts, small bits and crap

Mac's Auto Electric (2nd call after BRAE)
Knowledgeable, helpful,
random parts in stock (215 A Mitsubishi alternator that was NLA) for fair prices,
Batteries.

Island Batteries
Batteries,
Chargers,
Inverters

Leach Machine Works
Lengthen/shorten Drivehsafts
Balance Driveshafts

Last edited:
Trotac
Aftermarket Wiper/fan/ignition switches
Stainless latches and knobs
Stainless flexible exhaust pipe
Stainless high pressure hose clamps(for turbo)
Battery isolation switches
Cut to length high quality strait hoses

Mac's Auto Electric (2nd call after BRAE)
Knowledgeable, helpful, random parts in stock (215 A Mitsubishi alternator that was NLA) for fair prices, Batteries.

Island Batteries
Batteries, Chargers, Inverters

Last edited:
Leach machine shop on bridge st
I have had them shorten and lengthen drive shafts. They can't balence the shafts but all 6 I have had done there run sweet no vibrations.

Guys I need new drum brake ratchets. I was going to try nappa jb or lordco after Christmas
IMG_1009.JPG
IMG_1008.JPG

Guys I need new drum brake ratchets. I was going to try nappa jb or lordco after ChristmasView attachment 1370770 View attachment 1370769
I've never seen those before, what do they do... ;)

Terry at Lordco can likely set you up with some... he's got them for my other rig. You may need to get the adjuster separately from the brake hardware kit. Wherever you go, bring the old one for comparison... I've had parts counter guys try to sell me the wrong parts (usually when computer has incorrect info).

Last edited:
Hey guys, I don't think this thread is a chat thread or a "where can I get parts" thread (Read the first post at top!). There are other threads for that. Keep it simple...keep it short...keep it on topic for the thread.

Island torque converters and driveshafts.
1885 Government St
Just awesome.

Alpine heavy truck and equipment repair.
960 Henry eng place
Radiator and fuel tank repair

Lordco burnside (specifically)
Brake parts, small bits and crap
My mate has worked there for years. Always has some kind of option or idea if he can't find it.
Keep in mind, not many parts for cruisers, but sometimes I hit gold for a decent price.
Talk to Phil, anyone else is a waste of time. YMMV

X3 on Brian's auto electric.

most other parts I get stateside or overseas. Have yet to find "local" vendors or even Canadian ones that can provide any kind of service/price ratio that I would consider "value". Not willing to pay much of a premium for s***ty service. Rather spend a bit more (not always the case) and get what I want... sans BS

Cheers
Crusty

Talk to Phil, anyone else is a waste of time. YMMV

My buddy Colby works there, I go for him everytime. Met him there, became friends, trust him with all my parts needs. Phils good s***, but there are other guys too that are well rounded in the auto world ;)

Ebi in van I have ordered from there a bunch, Steve is a strait shooter and knows landcruisers

4wheel auto in Alberta dan also knows his stuff I also have used them a lot

Aqualu. I have a aluminium aqualu body on my 40 and love it! They build the bodies for the icon cruisers. they are great to deal with and will do custom work

Gozzard composites I have ordered hardtop pieces and doors for my 40 from there and wouldn't do it again. they wouldent use credit card and only use paypal. there was communication issues. my parts almost got sent back because I never got notified they had arrived at the shipping depot. I was happy with the product

Toyota the parts guys will stare at you like your speaking Greek. totally useless unless you show up with the Toyota part number haha

Looking to borrow or buy diesel compression gauge. $300+ at Lordco for ITC. My DIY unit is back in Ontario. For $100 can get one on Amazon.ca. Any other ideas?

West shore spring and 4x4

Steel Castor correction shims 50$

While I was there I had a look around they have the walls covered with stuff I noticed lots of Toyota kunckle parts like hub stud kits trunion parts l

Last edited:
IMG_1385.JPG
West shore spring and 4x4

Seen these nice latches on their wall for 65$

They are looking into getting me some with an extra safety toggle

Westshore spring and 4x4
- castor correction shims in varrying degrees
- u bolts/flip kits
- Toyota kunckle parts

toyotapartsdriect.ca
- Have had good results with these guys for Toyota parts and they are in Canada

Bullfrog transmission
- rebuilt 2 h55s and a split case for me recommend Darcy there

Queale electronics
- Timers I got a 24v timer relay for wiring my own glow time
- relays and bases for if you need a head light relay or any other after market add ons
- heat shrink tube

This thread might be nice to pin to the top so it dosent get buried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom