Supercharged 2009 Land Cruiser in the US (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not to resurrect a dead thread.....but just called to get a quote if I ship my baby out to Sparks for the SC...

We just completed another Land Cruiser 5.7 TRD Supercharger install and have two more in the works. Anyone from on here?? Would be interesting to hear what you guys that have had it done think about it.

ih8mud on the go!

Bump to hear about the results!

Bump to hear about the results!

the LC referred above is mine:

Collected my truck in Southampton (U.K.) yesterday a.m (29 miles on the odo). headed to Folkestone to catch the train and transit to France via the Eurotunnel. once i left calais and headed to reims i was flat out the entire way, unfortunately truck is limited to 210KMH. one thing that we have at most Shell stations in France and ALL in Swtzerland is 100 Octane gasoline (€2.00 per litre or US$10/gallon), once i had refuled twice and was 100% full of the Shell 100 juice i flipped the rocker switch for the Unichip to the high octane mapping that Unichip set for me; definitely a big difference.

Average MPG for the entire trip, according to the trip comp, 17.2MPG

To cpmpare this modified LC to other high-powered SUV's,
i have had 3 different MB G55 AMG's since 2007 including this one (link below) which i built with Renntech in FL in 2010.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y9RuK1DT6c

I have run long distances (Dallas to CO, CA, NM, AZ on many different trips) in 2 of the G's, i have to say the LC is by far a better handling vehicle and the power is much smoother and always there, whereas the G was simply out of control, even in a straight-line, no point having so much power, it actually never reached the ground, whereas on the LC with the 305's, they were amazing on the motorway

if you have the bucks to do it, i can't emphasize enough what a great job Spark's did, truly first-class, and very reasonable price!

nice review, what are you using for stopping power? did you change the rotors? And why didn't you lift the 210 limit, doesn't the chip already do that?

brembo 6-pots up front waiting for the 4-pot rears to arrive in the next 2 weeks; rotors also changed.
https://forum.ih8mud.com/200-series-cruisers/688087-305-50r20.html

no such luck with the limiter, regardless, i would not take this thing over 230KMH, she would become very unstable and furthermore, one quick turn of the wheel for any reason and game over. the acceleration from 80MPH to 100-110MPH is just a couple seconds and bodes very well for passing on the smaller non-motorway (known as highway in US) roads.

Trd is getting mine on the 26th of this month. They have been great to work with so far. Can't wait for the results.

So want to do this...

Does anyone know if this can be done with the 13-15 land cruisers or does it have to be pre facelift?

Also, is there any difference or advantage to using an OEM tunda supercharger as sourced on eBay (Toyota Tundra 2014 - 2015 TRD Supercharger Blower Motor 5.7 V8 - OEM NEW! | eBay) versus buying it Magnuson (Toyota Tundra 3UR-FE 5.7L V8 Supercharger System

I spoke to Magnuson on the phone who said they were the supplier for the TRD units and aside from the cover plate insignia, they are identical. So, if this is accurate, probably not worth the extra $2,000 for it to say TRD! Can anyone confirm this?

Needs to run a piggy back so it will be fine.

TRD and Magnuson is the same SC, but the TRD does say TRD on the cover of it.

Magnuson kit also has all the updates on the kit to allow it to fit the LC as the Tundra hood sits a tad higher (more clearance).

Both kits need customer fabrications for the Air to water intercooler radiator.

Yes, works on all 5.7 Land Cruisers. We have them in stock as well!

@SparksParts - mind sharing the current out the door price? in your 2012 post, on this thread, it was listed around $8500+

Anyone have real world data on mpg with the supercharger? The 24mpg states at the beginning of this thread made me lol. I’m assuming a 1-2mpg loss is more typical.

Anyone have real world data on mpg with the supercharger? The 24mpg states at the beginning of this thread made me lol. I’m assuming a 1-2mpg loss is more typical.

Definitely no loss in MPG. The engine is much more efficient. Of course when you play with it you're going to get worse MPG but if you can stay out of it the MPG will be better than what you are currently getting.

@SparksParts - mind sharing the current out the door price? in your 2012 post, on this thread, it was listed around $8500+

Price is up from that but not much more. Should be able to get it out the door for $9500.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom