Sun visor removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Mudmates,
My nephew decided that hanging on the pass side sun visor would be fun but it bent down to a 45 degree angle. I bought a replacement from a fellow mudmate but was not sure how the old one comes off. There is a cover that is over the screws and i don't want to bugger it up removing it. Does anyone have a pic from the service manual or experience removing the visor?

TIA

TLC Dan

Yeah I removed that visor when I routed my ScanGauge cable up there. If I remember correctly all you have to do is remove that cover with a trim removal tool or flathead wrapped with electrical tape. After removing that you can get access to the screws and it will drop down from there.

Thanks Guys,
I was curious if you popped it out from by the inner round rod or from the outside edge.....

Thanks Guys,
I was curious if you popped it out from by the inner round rod or from the outside edge.....
I think when I removed mine I did from the rod side. If memory serves me it is nothing more than a snap on cover so any particular way should work. I believe there are instructions in @BenCC scanguage II mount instructions.

Got it swapped out and it's good as new.
Thanks everyone......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom