Successfully installed a Tesla Style headunit into a 2005 LX470. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I bought one for my 2004 LC100 from Phoenix automotive and installed it. No sound so their tech support sent me a video showing how to strip and splice two wires together and got sound. Really great sound. Way better than factory. But there is moderate static sound at all times. Was was on the line with tech-support for three hours yesterday and still no fix. We were also trying to get the back up camera to work and still no luck. For $750, im still happy i bought it. I will be thrilled if we iron out those last 2 issues. It is fast and has tons of cool features. Fits and looks awesome. Just be ready to spend a few weeks fiddling w it to make it work. Tech support is good but you have to make an appointment a day or two in advance.

Installed into a 2003 LX. OE NAV plugs are different in 03 than 04+ And included harness didn’t work. With the 03 and 04 wiring diagrams I was able to hardwire it. The sound was terrible after installation. I finally found an output setting that corrected it. Currently everything is working as expected. The fit is a 7 out of 10. Other than huge challenges of no instructions, directions and near zero product support I am happy with the product. The factory 03 radio is so outdated there wasn’t much to loose.

View attachment 1986598

View attachment 1986599

Did they send you the matching side pieces for the vents? looks like those come in wood trim, but i like how yours looks matched up with the head unit.

My radio came with the wood trirm.

Did they send you the matching side pieces for the vents? looks like those come in wood trim, but i like how yours looks matched up with the head unit.
Mine came with the trim but it wasn't even close to oem. Trimmed up my oem trim and made it fit decent enough where it looks better

Great thread on this, but seems like too many issues for me ('05 LX) at this point. My question for you guys is did anyone look into creative iPad mounts that either fold down or otherwise allow easy access to original controls?
This is likely more for the 04+(?) crowd with integrated AC controls. I don't want to mess with stuff like the rear camera and splicing cables. The OEM stuff works OK, but I'd love a way to put a better screen for mapping, Waze, music, etc.
In my mind I'm imagining a mount to the dash that can flip down and connects via BT for audio (I have BT45-TOY that works great)

Great thread on this, but seems like too many issues for me ('05 LX) at this point. My question for you guys is did anyone look into creative iPad mounts that either fold down or otherwise allow easy access to original controls?
This is likely more for the 04+(?) crowd with integrated AC controls. I don't want to mess with stuff like the rear camera and splicing cables. The OEM stuff works OK, but I'd love a way to put a better screen for mapping, Waze, music, etc.
In my mind I'm imagining a mount to the dash that can flip down and connects via BT for audio (I have BT45-TOY that works great)

I'd be interested to know this as well. I've been on the fence about the PX6 vs Grom VLine2 for my '07 LX.

I bought one for my 2004 LC100 from Phoenix automotive and installed it. No sound so their tech support sent me a video showing how to strip and splice two wires together and got sound. Really great sound. Way better than factory. But there is moderate static sound at all times. Was was on the line with tech-support for three hours yesterday and still no fix. We were also trying to get the back up camera to work and still no luck. For $750, im still happy i bought it. I will be thrilled if we iron out those last 2 issues. It is fast and has tons of cool features. Fits and looks awesome. Just be ready to spend a few weeks fiddling w it to make it work. Tech support is good but you have to make an appointment a day or two in advance.
Do you remember what wires you needed to splice? I just installed mine and I have no sound, tried re installing the old head unit, adjusted volume up, left the car on installed the new unit and still no sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom