Stuttering and Stalling (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So my 88 Fj62 is having a few problems. When ever I flex it out, it starts to stutter and die. at first I thought it my be my fuel lines or pump because I would be at some odd angle. But then I was trying to soften my springs a little so I parked on two wheel ramps. One under the front passenger side wheel and one under the rear driver side wheel. I still had the same problem and my cruiser was perfectly level :)D). I have been told by a few people that this could be my fuel filter. Does this seem right? or what else might it be?

thanks for the help

-Kiel-

If the problem is related to suspension flex, but not whether the frame is level, then I would start to suspect a grounding problem. Check all the ground points for the engine and transmission. Unbolt them, clean the contact points and bolt them back on.

That might be a possibility, but when it starts to stutter, I can give it some gas and it will stay running, it just seems to not be able to hold a good idle. If I keep the rpms up at what the idle should be, the truck will stay running... could this still be a bad ground somewhere??

thanks again

-Kiel-

ttt..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom