Strangest thing... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Recently I replaced my oil pan gasket, and today I had the chance to remove the inspection plate to see what it was like under there, and this is what I found...

ForumRunner_20120407_123256.jpg

What's the deal here? There IS a bolt visible that is tightened down on the oil pan side inside there, should this bolt ALSO be tightened down somewhere in there? Or is this something random that a PO or mechanic had left in by accident?

Sent from my phone IH8MUD app
ForumRunner_20120407_123256.jpg

No ideas, eh?
Everything's been running fine, so no possibility this bolt became loose and fell down from somewhere?

Thanks to anyone who can help out, or at least give me a word of confidence that this is just a fluke.

Looks random because it seems as though there is nothing for it to be holding as it relates to spacial realities of the casting. Take it out and look where it was....are you sure its threaded into something? or is it just wedged?...

It may have backed out from somewhere, you'll have to have someone bump turn it while you look to see if there is something obviously missing up there.

Wasn't attached to a thing, just sitting in that groove with its heading resting on the inspection plate.

Thanks for the advice...

Sent from my phone IH8MUD app

Could that be one of the bolts (supposed to be) holding your flex plate to the torque converter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom