What the heck is this thing? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
On my 2F 86 FJ 60, I have this elbow fitting coming out of the passenger side of the block. It looks to be a cold water return from the rear floor heater. (Please correct me if that assumption is wrong) Puzzling thing is it has a Tee in it with a short 5/16 heater hose that is not connected. PO had it stuck on one or the distributer vents. Which if it were to have water in it would not be good. What is this really and where SHOULD it be hooked up or should it be abandoned?
IMG_1120.jpeg

It's not coming out the side of the block, it's coming out the side of the side/pushrod cover. It's where the PCV ball valve is, I believe.
So it doesn't involve liquid (Except for oil vapor when there's lots of blow-by...)
It might be venting the dizzy cap IIRC

if you have had this running or driving it, you wouldn't have if that was hooked to the heating system. i'm not certain but i think it's part of the vacum venting for the dizzy

Could you provide a larger angle picture of the engine bay on that side?
(2) vent hoses off the distributor cover; one to the passenger side footwell through the firewall, the other tees into a vacuum switch valve (I believe it is underneath the air filter can).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom