Strange Noise (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
There is a strange noise coming from the front of my 2005 cruiser, it is intermittent and seems to happen at lower speeds when letting off the accelerator.

The noise is like a rub/light scraping sound, and is rotational.

I found a video on youtube which sounds extremely close to what I am hearing. Hopefully someone on Mud has had similar issues and come to a resolution. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

It sounds like maybe the fender liner is rubbing on a tire.
Look for scrape marks on the fender liners in the front, they are plastic so there will be rub marks if that is the issue. If you don’t see rub marks look for missing fastenters, they are plastic push pin clips thingys.

I have had this with oversized tires on a car, hit a bump and the tires rubbed the fender liner making the exact same noise.

Thank you for the reply, I just went out and looked and there appears to be no rubbing on any part of the wheel well or the plastic. I have stock sized tires on it so I don’t think that’s what’s causing the noise.

Even on flat smooth ground where there are no bumps, the noise will come.

I’m thinking of maybe getting it up on jack stands and letting it run so I can try to figure out where exactly it’s coming from.

I would check to see if theres any play in the front wheels(wheel bearing preload) when its off the ground. I would also check u joints. My pops old truck made some weird noises when it started to go bad but not enough play to vibrate.

Don’t rule out that fender liner yet. I had one screw missing on the lower passenger side and that was enough to make the liner twist and hit the tire. Never at high speed... only under 35 which I thought was strange. I could not pull it that far, ut by gosh hit a bump at 25 and it would make the noise. Put a new screw in and no more sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom