1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Storage "pocket" under stereo

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by 96Cruiser, Dec 10, 2003.

1. 96Cruiser

96Cruiser

Media:
    this ? is for C-Dan,if he's not too busy under his cruiser....

I have an aftermarket(cd player)in my cruiser,with a simple "pocket" from the stereo store purchased along with the harness to adapt it to my cruiser wiring.........

My ? is..is there a Camry "pocket" with a door that will fit where the cruisers dash "pocket" is.....
    Rumor has it that a camry "pocket" will fit,but i have never seen what year,etc,to try to purchase from toyota

thanks

doug

2. Beowulf

Beowulf

Doug,
    The answer is yes, there is a Camry pocket with a door and one without a door/flap. C-Dan had one in stock at the store a few months ago and I have a pic of it around here somewhere. The pics are of the one without the door. Ping him via IM for pricing and availability.

As you would expect from Toyota, it is a nicely designed and built part.

-B-

3. 96Cruiser

96Cruiser

Media:
    yep,thats why i am interested in it.The cheezy black plastic one i have is not very good quality+i want the door....

thanks
    doug

4. 97tlc

97tlc

Could we get more info on that? I would like to replace the cheap cubby also. Everything just slides around in there and eventually falls out.

5. 96Cruiser

96Cruiser

Media:
    from the man "C-Dan" himself: The Camry pocket w/door is a 55521-33010........

he didnt elaborate,but im guessing it retrofits into the "hole" left when the factory double din cd /cassette/radio anchor is removed and replaced with an aftermarket cd head unit(such as my Alpine)
    :D :D :D :D :D :D

thanks

doug

6. landtoy80

landtoy80

Hay, mine is over the stero :eek: